Excited to be here :)

Welcome to BLF Jorge!

Welcome to the forum. You ain’t seen nothin’ yet.

Make yourself at home, Hunter!

Welcome Jorge!

Welcome to the cluB!

Aloha, Welcome from Hawaii…

Excited to have you, Hunter.

Yup, stay away from all but the most recommended cheapies. They have a way of "darkening" the flashaholic experience. A lot of knowledge here.

Ok, let the lumephilia begin!

Thanks for having me here guys and for warm welcome :party:
So you recommend I hide my wallet. :bigsmile:

Welcome Jorge. Prepare for a quest into the jungle of light and dark. Where better is not always more expensive. But beware. When you start modding, you buy a little item here, and a little item there. And you kinda let your guard down. Prepare a spreadsheet with dates, names and prices. So you will be prepared when you get a signal that you maxed out your creditcard. :wink:

I have to get one nice flashlight for wife so she wouldn’t be jealous :smiley:
P.S. tons of stuff to read here, found some threads about batteries, reading them right now.

This set that comes with a copper beauty....

While your main concern is batteries, I’d like to point your attention to the following:

1. Ongoing sale, BLF D80: GB BLF LuckySun D80-SE Need long tubes? -3/3/16
This flashlight is not built to the tactical standards of the PD35. However, it is much brighter. 1300 lumens beam output and 20kcd beam intensity, compared to your PD35’s 1000 lumens and 9kcd. The D80 will throw about twice as far as the PD35. At $20.59, this is a great bargain.

The BLF D80 comes in three tints: 1A (cool white), 3C (neutral white), and 5A (warm white). Both the 1A and 3C are on sale now and you may purchase them immediately. The 5A is a limited supply item, I don’t know if you can still sign up for it. If you are not familiar with tints, I suggest that you stick with the 1A or 3C. Warm tints, such as the 5A, are an acquired taste.

2. An even better value is the anodized aluminum BLF X5 and BLF X6 set (two flashlights) for $50. If you can afford the cost, these two flashlights are well worth the investment. These flashlights are still being developed. Final specifications on how bright they will be are still being worked on. If interested read here: BLF Kronos X6/X5 GB - Group Buy now closed.

Note: The BLF X5 and BLF X6 set also comes in a Stainless Steel and Copper version for $85. Not quite as practical as the $50 anodized aluminum version, but beautiful to behold. There’s also a wooden case only available for the SS/CU set for $11 more. So, if you want the SS/CU set with wooden case, it will run you about $96. Prices are not finalized, because all of the production details are not finalized.

3. BLF 348. AAA-size penlight. This flashlight is prized for its high CRI (Color Rendition Index) Nichia LED emitter. Choice of plain or engraved markings (BudgetLightForum BLF348) for $6.99. Box $1.00 extra. 3rd batch produced!! GBGB: 2nd batch of BLF-348 (Classy and Small 1xAAA Stainless Steel light, with Nichia NVSW219B-V1 R9050)!

Note: You’re not going to find a Nichia-based flashlight anywhere else for such a low cost. And it’s stainless steel body is as sleek as a bullet. Very nice!

HI guys, so I explored some options you recommended me, I do like of BLF X6 especially the one with 3 LEDs, very nice looking flashlight, and it also has lighted tailcap, first time see this.
I am amazed how many people apply to buy this custom build products.
I predict that 2016 year will be very interesting for me :smiley:

Welcome, Hunter!

Welcome to the dark side of flashlight world

Welcome!

Just a few simple tips for you to fully and consistently enjoy this new hobby:

1. Stay away from any *-fire batteries;
2. Don’t buy from GearBest, no matter how tempting the prices may be;
3. Read as many reviews as you can;
4. Your Fenix PD35 is still top of the line for 1x18650;
5. Keep a close eye on your finances or you’ll go broke within days.

Finally, enjoy yourself, because we’ll enjoy having you with us! :bigsmile:

Welcome hunter!

You qualify for the following event if you like.

excellent friend you got there! welcome!