EXPIRED - Convoy L4 Tactical XM-L2 U2-1A ------- $24.55 Shipped -------(user choice of tint for $1- $1.50 extra)

I got mine yesterday - a very nice light!

Came in the usual generic white box that said XML2 T6 4C on it.

Some minor smudges/scratches on the lens, but I replaced with a UCL I had :slight_smile:

So if I already bought one of the Convoy L4s, is this:

worthwhile to get? A complaint on one review was at $48 it’s a little pricey, but at $38 things seem better.

Well, I for one, am very impressed by the amount of light that comes out of the Convoy L4 I received 3 days ago. It's like a perfect amount of flood, and an amazing amount of throw. Not a weak light by any means, and I am very happy with my $25 purchase, to the point of considering buying one more.

As for the light you linked, IDK about it. I believe you should just wait for the Convoy L4 to arrive before you "think" you need that On the road light. Very hard pressed to not like the Convoy L4 once you get it in hand, imo. It's small, nice, and powerful.

Thank you!

Very different light with some nice qualities - 3A, much bigger reflector so better thrower in theory, 26650 cell, etc. Seems like maybe little bigger than the XinTD X3, but smaller than a HD2010 or Yezl Y3. If the UI was decently done, it would be a great option as a stock light for $38. It clearly has ramping, but exactly how it works is a mystery, unless there's a decent review around on it. The X3 is pricy as well, and this may have a few advantages if the overall quality is as good.

It's hard to tell specifics, but if the bezel is SS, can take cells over 67 mm, and the thread/body quality is well done, this is a better light than a XinTD X3. I think this host has been around a while - it looks identical to one maybe sold at CNQ, not sure - it's a common design.

@ Tom E, here is my review of it. Its even got direct number comparison with the L4, beamshots vs L4, and side by side picture with the L4. Along with hopefully everything you could ask for. :)

Its also easy to mod, as seen in my review thread. :)

@keithd. Around 60$ is a bit pricey IMO. Around 50$ makes it decent value. Less than 40$. I ordered my second X6M. ;)

Checked out the review - excellent review, btw. Ok, makes more sense now. Couple of things could be better (SS bezel I prefer, threads maybe), but for under $40, totally agree - now we're talk'n a pretty good deal!

Closest light I'm familiar with in this size/form factor/price is the XinTD X3, and being that this light is now cheaper, has a side switch, maybe bigger reflector/better throw, it's a winner as I see it. The X3 has lot of mass/heat sinking, but compared to an L4, I feel it's a different animal, but could be as good or better quality of the L4.

*BGL4GB *coupon not valid anymore. Leaves only BLF as an option.

How is everyone’s on button? Mine is a bit vague. In my other torches with identical buttons, the off position is firm and has no softness in the rubber. The spring behind the rubber is firmly pushing against it. With the L4 there is about 1mm of freeplay pushing the rubber down before i can feel the button underneath. When the light is on, the gap is even bigger.

Is that normal? My other torches still have no gap when its on.

Also, my LED says “CREE XM-L” on the board. Is that an XML or XML2?

XM-L: green PCB board and three bond wires visible under the dome
XM-L2: white PCB board and two bond wires visible under the dome

Or post a pic and the gents here will tell you.

My tail switch is as you describe. I opened it up to look at it and they pasted a couple of flimsy paper disks on the end of the switch plunger to try to fill the gap under the rubber cover. They look like the little bits of paper made by a hole punch. I don’t like the way it feels, but it works OK.
I have a bunch of lights with worse problems that need my attention so I’m not working this one just yet. When the little paper shims slide off the end of the switch plunger and get jammed to the side, I’ll work on it. :bigsmile:

Just received mine today. Quite happy with it. Like above poster said the tailcap button is a bit vague. I also changed my order to T6-4C but I’m not sure why the tint a little greenish. My T6-4C from Simon before is a little bit on the red side. Well for $24 (with T6-4C because of the mistake) my first impression is this light is really amazing for the price.

For those of you that bought the U2-1A - is it pure white or has it crossed over into the blue/purple?

My U2-1A is pure white.

My 4C is a bit too yellow. But that’s probably because I don’t know that a 4C is meant to be yellow haha. I prefer a slightly whiter colour like fluorescent lighting

My 1A has a white hotspot, but the spill is a bit purple.

Its a matter of preference and getting used to a tint. If you haven’t tried it I think you will like 3C, its very close but whiter with less yellow but alot more natural than 1A.

I received mine and its a wonderful light, the side switch is perfect with the tactical forward switch on the booty. Only minus is a dent on the rear and the medium* look* like 10% less than high mode. The strobe is really fast on this driver ! Maybe a little too much to be more effective.

That is strange because it usually come from some AR lens on the outer spill.

Finally just got mine today, I guess there’s no more doubt in my mind that Banggood is a legit company.
They made a mistake and admitted and correct the situation real fast.

I received Convoy C8 by mistake and showed the pic to Neal ( Banggood Reps) and just like that he correct the situation real fast and promised me to deliver another L4, I asked about the Convoy C8, do they want me to send it back?
To my surprise I get to keep it. Now I wish all the other companies will do this to please their customer to great length.

It showed Banggood does deliver it promises, and excel their customer service by ten fold, I definitely recommend this website.
btw… I wish they keep on making mistake when I order more lights from them in the future hehe…

So for less than $23 I got Convoy L4 and convoy C8 :bigsmile: … I’m a lucky dog in deed, now… who else the other lucky dog that get C8 instead L4?

I got mine and it is one sweet light. Awesome value indeed.

Minor gripes: mode spacing is meh + brief pre-flash in any mode.

Any chance for another group buy?

I’m new to the hobby/money-pit/obsession and spent the past month researching the basics. I focused primarily on EDC lights using AA/AAA until now (I’ve accumulated a small stash of 18650 Sanyo cells from laptop pulls).