EXPIRED - Supfire M6 triple XM-L - Group Buy is ACTIVE! $42 shipped with free tracking.

Got mine today - it is the XM-L2 version. It looks perfect, well packed with foam jammed in, inside the box. At first I thought they left batteries in it - it's got some good weight, specially the head. Love the look and feel, compared to my gold FF UV-S5, which is no slouch in quality either. I think the UV-S5 is the best classic SRK style in quality, and this SupFire is the overall best "soup can" light I know of.

Now I wish I got a couple more at this price. Can't wait to open it up.

lucky you Tom… I got 2 of them and they both regular XM-L :_(

Like I said tom, I'll buy the xml2's on the factory star if your not going to use um

Ohh, not sure yet what I'm doin with it, or when. Ok, some measured lumens in the light box:

Stock SupFire M6 with XM-L2's, 7.75A tail reading (using 1 Powerizer cell), running KP 3400's as is:

- lumens: 2,754 at start, 2,655 at 30 secs

For comparison, just re-tested these:

Stock FandyFire UV-S5, same KP 3400's as is:

- lumens: 2,278 at start, 2,193 at 30 secs

Stock Yupard 3X XM-L2's, 1.52A per LED w/pana laptop pulls as is:

- lumens: 1,897 at start, 1,839 at 30 secs

Yupard 3X XM-L2's, mod'ed to 2.28A per LED w/pana laptop pulls as is:

- lumens: 2,584 at start, 2,482 at 30 secs

Stock FandyFire STL-V2:

- lumens: 1,693 at start, 1,666 at 30 secs

FandyFire STL-V2 modded - better driver, XM-L2 U2 1C's/SinkPAD's, AR lens, wires, etc., 3.9A tail:

- lumens: 2,873 at start, 2,764 at 30 secs

For a stock triple, this M6 has really nice numbers - amps and output. I am sure thinking those XM-L2's are U2 bins.

hmmm…2754 at start before R120 resistor mod… wonder what’s the number after the resistor mod? :slight_smile:

I posted over in Racer86's M6 resistor mod thread here some details on the driver. They changed the driver design, but still looks resistor moddable, but not sure I'd take it too much higher without converting to copper stars.

Considering the amps, XM-L2's, superior aluminum 1 piece star, better heat sinking, etc., the #'s I measured are not surprising comparing them to the other 3 LED lights I've tested.

This is a definite bump up from the original XML M6, which _the_ measured at about 2,200 lumens @30 secs.

Based on Racer86's heat tests, I'd be willing to give 4A+ per LED a try on this light. Dale got about 3,900 lumens on the M6 he modded for manxbuggy1, so I know I can beat that, no prob... Smile It would take 1,400 per LED to get 4,200, which I'm guessing is about 4.2-4.5A with XM-L2 U2 1A's.

Hey Tom, let me know what you think of the heat sinking capabilities of the plate the emitters are mounted on. And y’all wanna bump power? lol Yeah, right. Be my guest

The light is built like a tank, but where it matters there’s almost no material. Nice light, to be sure, I just wish there were more to that mount for the emitters.

I have an extra body and driver, but no head. If you need the backend or a new driver, let me know.

Please disregard, I was thinking of another light. The SupFire M6 is built like a tank. Dang memory

Took a rough look at that pill top area. Good that it's a uni-body construction type - direct connect to the outside shell. It looked fairly thick to me, guessing maybe 2.5 mm?

By plate, do you mean the one piece MCPCB or the pill top? The aluminum MCPCB has to go...

That large aluminum mcpcb is on an aluminum plate, what you called the pill top, that is threaded into the head. Maybe 3 threads, very thin, it comes out and the head is a tube. Unless I’m remembering something totally wrong, let me look back at my disassembly pics and see if I can find it…

sorry, I was remembering that wrong, the Supfire M6 was the only one of about 4 lights of similar build that I actually liked, now that the pics have jarred my memory I recall that it was solid, thickly built and I contacted SupFire for one of my own. They wanted $30 for the light, $30 to ship it! I declined. I did, however, end up with a driver and a battery tube for one. So if you manage to damage the tailcap trying to get it off (I mangled one! Took it off eventually with 16” channel locks, had to do some file work to make it right) I do have the backend and driver.

Once again, my memory failed. :frowning: This is getting really old…

I also have a complete spring board that goes in the tailcap. My driver is labeled HK4L-T6-1 and has 3 R056 resistors at each station with one blank space at each. It’s dated 6-11-2013

I guess only lights with XM-L2 comes with the new driver, both of mine that came with regular XM-L still have the old driver.
simple 3 R120 resistor mod :smiley:

Oh ok, thanks Dale, hoping I won't need spare parts... Got pictures posted here, including the new driver.

Kenny - think this still can be modded easily, just need to piggyback or replace resistors. I'll be figuring out how to really crank it up, based on what I measured at the tail, and what I would want - 12A at the tail sounds crazy, but, maybe do-able.

LOL… nothing is crazy until you blow up something Tom :wink:

Take my word for it, it's doable. ;)

Dale, I hate asking you this, but, can't recall seeing your posts on the M6 you modded - saw a post where you noted and manxbuggy1 notes the measured output, but do you recall what the amps measurements were, or what resistors you used? I assume you used copper MCPCB's and replaced the akuminum big one? Sorry again... If too much trouble don't go nuts tracking it down.

I didn't do a thread on it, I put de-domed XM-L2 U2 1A's in it on Noctigons, stacked R056 resistors and I think it ended up around 11.75A or something in that neighborhood. As a matter of fact, I don't think I measured it at it's full potential with the better cells as I was, ahem, a bit afraid to. :) I should be able to come up with more accurate numbers, let me have a look.

Edit: I used Sanyo UR18350FJ lap pulls and got a 9.38A reading on it. Ricky tested it at a start lumens of 4000 and 3875 at 30 seconds. That should give you an idea what it's capable of. I stacked 2 more R056 resistors on each section, one flat down in the empty space and one on top.

Those are very impressive numbers for a stock light! Especially for this kind of money. Too bad for the crappy UI….

I only have R120 and some R220… how many do I have to stack in order to get 2 R056? :bigsmile:

Stacking two R120 will give you R060. Pretty close to one R056.

(Stacking one R120 + R220 +R220 will give you R057.)

Thanx! Ok, this all sounds about right. 1,300 per LED at maybe close to 4A. Not sure yet what I'll do. I would think you had some tinkering to do to get the LED's into the reflectors, because of the flat back side of the reflector and low profile LED alignment plastics, as RaceR86 has described.

Yes - same crappy UI - 3 second hold for turn off is very annoying. Really should master/slave 3 Nanjg's...