Fake NITECORE Chargers [2016]

Self-proclaimed. :FACEPALM:

Huh. And “… to avoid any vaping accidents.”

How’s that supposed to work?

the charger does not revive overdischarged cell?

Sounds to me more like they’re trying to imply that using that charger somehow protects vapers who use crap batteries.
As though a charger could protect anyone from having crap cells blow up in their face or in their pocket.
BS, of course.
Bring me the heads of their PR department advertising copywriters …

Dear Friend,

I bought one piece of Nitecore D4 digicharger from Aliexpress which was delivered on 9th of this month. Your article about the fake Nitecore D4 has helped me a lot to check the genuineness of the device. You have made out several differences keeping the genuine and fake device side by side which is not possible for me because I have only one piece.

I observed the following:

The Validation code is accepted in the very first try. I received a message as well as warranty & certificate of validation from Nitecore in Chrome Browser. Nevertheless, I checked the device and found the following:

-- the letters EU are added to the Name of the device on the top of it.

--the power connector socket is having NITECORE letters but the power plug cable has no marks of Nitecore

--the -ve contact points of each bay are magnetic and + contact points are non-magnetic

--the word "worldwide Insurance" printed without spelling mistakes, and RCR123 are in correct alignment with the rest of the text.

--the logo on the sticker is green, not in 3D, on orange colour background.

--there is no car adapter.

--Voltage readings of fully charged eneloop 2000 mah checked with multimeter and are found to be correct.

I could have posted the photographs of the device and its packing but I found no option in this site.

If you need some more information, feel free to write to me.

Yours should be 2016 version, I ever owned this copy as well. Based on your findings, i don't think you need to worry about its authenticity.

Just to let everyone know “Roger David” of EdisonBright has been in touch with me via facebook. Here he says he’s been an authorised reseller for nitecore for 10 years, and none of the products they have sold have come from any unauthorised sellers/ distributors.

I’ve no links to him, and he encouraged me to contact nitecore myself but I personally really don’t care. I’ve explained his best course of action would be to actually join the site and provide information himself such as invoices with the sensitive details removed and company correspondence with nitecore.

I’ll wait and see if he acts on that, but can say that he came across as someone who genuinely wanted to just set the record straight.

Is NiteCore the same as SysMax?

I’ve seen some SysMax charger but it doesn’t say NiteCore though…

Google NiteCore SysMax chargers
and choose the “verbatim” tool in the search result

That finds, for example, this:

But China is apparently all One Big Company Under Many Names anyhow …

SysMax owns the NiteCore brand.

Which probably means the local shop in our place that carries Sysmax lithium battery charger is an older model of SysMax (how long ago did the “NiteCore” brand start to be used?)

You can see the old Nitecore/sysmax chargers here: Nitecore i4 and clones

that does not prevent fakes from ending up in his stock.
they could be substituted anywhere along the supply chain.
this happens a lot in the electronic parts industry.
some “authorized resellers” are dirty.
as are the contract mfrs that produce the product.