FandyFire HD2011

I was planning to order one of these: Fandyfire HD2011
and had a few of questions.

The specifications indicates that it has a direct drive 3.5A circuitry with 450-500 lm. On the Cree calculator, the XM-L T6 maximum current goes up to 3.0A with 910.6 lm.

• I assume that the 3.5A will generate alot of heat.
  • Will it damage the emitter when it is driven so high?
  • Driven at 3.5A, what is the light output? 450 to 500 lm…it should be more than 910.6 lm, shouldn’t it be?

If anyone have this light, what is your experience with it?

Thanks

You might want to look here and here.

Thanks photon1k, this helps. It sounds like it may not be a good reliable light.

As with any directly driven light, you just have to watch the heat. Not enough and its prob not heat sinked well and u will fry the led. Too much…and things can melt and/or burn.

Use the medium mode liberally. :slight_smile:

If the 2011 is better than the 2100 (as said by several members in the above links) then you will love it. I have a 2011 on order from dx. I ordered on the 26th, they shipped on the 28th and it just finally got into Singposts system today.

Anyway, I’m finally gonna get to see if its better than my 2100.

I am one who suggests the HD2011 is a better light than the UF2100. I said that long before the Convoy lights were out. Take Flomotions suggestion and get a Convoy instead. If you want mostly flood get the S3. If you want less flood and a bit more throw then get the S2. ;)

Thanks everyone, this is a lot to take in. I will check out the Convey line. The problem with FastTech is they only take paypal…i hate paypal. Plus my wife will find out that I’ve taken a new hobby and there is a paper trail. I assume some of you guys have the same problem. LOL

I’ve never bought from WB & don’t buy from dx anymore.
HD2011

What way were you wanting to pay? If you have an un-monitored major credit card , you can pay a PayPal invoice using a CC. You do not need to have or open a PayPal account. And yes, it is a well known problem.

Does everyone of pictures of the S2, S3, S5, S6 and S8 so I can compare the size?
Thanks in advance.