Farthest Thrower, tightest beam. Reference; Convoy C8 size range, Single 18650 Tube Size

cant be, only throws a bit over 600m, the olight m2x ut a littler over 800m if the specs are correct…

I think he means this one….

I like mine, but yeah the battery tube and driver/mcpcb base design is a bit FUNKY! :smiley:

Where do you draw the line for “without mods”, does that include lights that you can buy pre-modded? Because that changes this game quite a bit.

for me its, taken out of box put in batteries and shine, thats how i see no mods more or less…

Olight makes some suhweet flashlights. They're one of the top contenders in the LED lighting industry, IMO.

I have none of the Olight brand in my collection. Yet. When I finally do have one, I am sure others will follow.

I recently posted a review for the nitecore P30, feel free to check it out and ask questios

Yup, this is what i was talking about, it reminds me my toilet plunger
And the most funny part is
A CLIP, yup, i gonna put it in my pocket. It will be my fav EDC light, a clip is must to have

Only if it’s reversible for a cap/visor mount…

What about something that can reach 1,49km ? 555kcd ? Hm ?
Answer is Niwalker Vostro BK-FA09S. I’ve found this @ Martin’s blog, German I’m afraid but pics are nice :slight_smile: > https://m4dm4x.com/review-niwalker-vostro-bk-fa09s/

Edit: here is locally: Yay some new torches so how about some beamshots...

No sooner than I bought a pre-modified light (vn) and lit it up, would it open up a different spectrum of flashlights all together.

I (YMMV) am not wanting power hungry. Not that I don't like the modded stuff, I can't get myself to spend on them what they cost!

And if I did accept pre-modded, or modded as an option, the topic would quickly revolve around all modded, and this thread gets nowhere but.

Hope that makes some sense.

The reflector size stated in my OP is Convoy size or thereabouts.

Ah OK I see where you are coming from, modded lights do get pricey, the type of skills and time to tune lights is just expensive. Although some of these stock lights are more expensive than a modded light based on a cheaper host like a Convoy. You might want to set a budget range. And while many are, I wouldn’t say modded always means power hungry, particularly if you are looking for throw and not lumens. I guess I spend too much time on BLF and modding lights so I’m just never impressed with the throw of stock lights.

Just need a ratchet strap to keep your hat on. :laughing:

Maybe you missed the words “Convoy C8 size range” in the title.

I don't necessarily have a budget. I like all the lights!! But everyone has to have a sensible margin, as to what they want, that's pocket-able.

You know, the best of the best in that size category. Flooders to me are more common ground, where flooders with minimal spill, there's a narrow band where, there is spill for the outer perimeter, but the perimeter has less of a blend as it flows to the beam of spot. If this makes sense. My easy way to refer to it is similar beam of the Nitecore P30?

Well the M2X UT definitely won’t fit unless you have huge pockets…

Well, we have to "try" to be realistic.

The M2X UT is a fantastic thrower for the next step up in body size!!

I still say the L2 with 1-cell (ie, w/o extension tube) would fit the bill. C8ish size, despite the 28650 tube.

Lightbringer, does the L2 throw better /further than the P30 or about the same ? i think their both using Xpl-hi v3 or close to arent they ?

the good part about the L2 is price, they seem to be as low as $35 usd now

Both use the XLP-Hi, but the L2 has a bigger reflector so should throw further.

In my review i mentioned there seems to be very little difference hotspot brightness difference between a Crelant V4A and a 50% wider reflector Nitecore P30 “optimized” for throw with both containing the same XP-L HI chip, even the same tint.