Farthest Thrower, tightest beam. Reference; Convoy C8 size range, Single 18650 Tube Size

Thanks ARsee, No there’s nothing custom about the Jaxman thrower version as he calls it, only difference from his flooder/thrower versions is price, a XPL2 or a XPL-Hi and reflectors, Jaxman claims 200 meters with a thrower, I don’t think that is unreasonable for what this light is stock, but it’s capable of being turned into much more if you have the skills or know someone other than me who can mod it out for you.
I am going to see if I have another stock M8 thrower around but might take a bit,
I do know the holster they sell at Jaxman is great for this M8 and great quality, this M8 thrower version is a size to output just right type light out of the box and it will surprise most.
Let me see if I can find one and I’ll see if I can get some complete pics with holster, I just bought like 6 holsters so I know where those are at but not sure on another M8, so off to look and thanks for the compliments…

ARsee , WHAT ABOUT PRICE ?
R we talking UNDER 50 usd or Unlimited eg 100 + for a C8/P30 size single 18650 torch ?? it gets a bit out of hand

Warsun Ct9T ?

You didn’t specify that it had to be a reflector light, so aspherics are apparently fair game.

Brinyte B158B is barely bigger than a C8, though admittedly heavier due to the thick lens. 120kcd stock. (300kcd modded)

10fp - Price is not necessarily an issue to me for the topic, considering some well known manufacturers can be $100-$150. The Warsun Ct9T seems out dated with issues. Underpowered? I did not find much on them to make an opinion.

Sac02 - LOL, in case you have not noticed, I am fairly new to the flashlight scene.

Personally, I've not looked into this type of light to gain any interest. I think they're a light of their own reality.

IMO, aespherics should not be categorized or compared to reflector types.

Well ARsee I did find a M8 in my brown box room, thought I’d try and get some beam shots for you but I am sorry there’s just no way I am going outside in the PNW in the rain to get a beam shot for really no particularly good reason except I do want you to get the best light for the bucks,
Guess about 100ft or more with surrounding ambient light from town, so not even dark but still does OK.

Pic of the M8 in a Jax holster next to a full size C8

T18, your really making me want to get a m8 and a x1.
Was there any codes for these?

Eagletac SX30C2 gets 550 meters. I know I’m deviating here as it’s not the MOST throwy light when mentioned with the P30. It does have a nice kick in lumens though with 1470 ANSI for HI version. I think it’s a bit brighter with a better high drain cell.

Well heck I’m sorry, I sure did mean to do that, I mean didn’t, sort of ha ha.
No I am sorry but I have never seen an actual discount code for Jaxman, well I did see a coupon that was to be used at Jaxman but from Alie for $2 off,
I have thought about selling some of my own lights but then again it’s usually a short thought, they are kind of like my kids, hard to get rid of.
The lights are great out of the box, and they are easy to modify so that’s even more bang for the buck actually if your able to mod a light, these are fairly easy.
I don’t know of anyone I’ve either suggested these lights to or bought these lights for that have had a bad word to say after the fact, just the opposite, always very happy they bought them.
I’m really only trying to help this fella out seeing he’s new to lights and it is confusing and especially if your budgeting your money and want the best for your dollar,
I do remember those days, difficult decisions.

T18, I appreciate you replies. I'll plan to get the Jaxman M8 at first opportunity.

I like getting the best bang for the buck if I can afford. Quality/quantity.

Your very welcome and I sort of figured your the best bang for the buck type guy so wanted to help and new here also and that makes buying some of your first lights sometimes confusing, like what is the best bank for your buck…sssss,
Has anyone told you yet that you should give your wallet to your wife, if you have one, or you will, if you stick around long enough to become afflicted and become another Flashaholic, then eventually end up with so many lights you don’t know what to do with them all, and worst yet close to BROKE…
The lights never stop coming,
I’ve already just this year bought close to 30 lights, don’t even ask how anyone can be that crazy but I am, and I am retired, and financially fortunate, and single, so that there is all the ingredients needed to be a serious flashaholic, and thankfully I don’t drink, then I’d just be a drunk walking around with pockets full of insanely wicked flashlights, and probably nearly blind.
By the way pal, when you do get ready to buy and if you do decide the get that M8 don’t forget the holster, it’s a tight fit but works as you can see in the one picture with M8 & C8 comparisons size wise.
There are some better holsters out there that would fit this M8 a bit better but it doesn’t say Jaxman on it, and I’m funny like that, I want everything to match, that is really a tube light holster like for Jaxmans new E2L triple or the E2 single tube lights.
Anyhow glad I could help if any, and good luck to you pal, and welcome aboard, now go hide your wallet… ha ha. :laughing:

ARsee, i got my HS-802, nice torch, long deep reflector , nice tight beam with no spill BUT it has no balls , it has only 70% distnce of the C8 xpl-hi
clearly it has a pissy driver as its only pulling 1.26 amps .
if this light had 3- 3.5 amps it would be supurb
So we see if they send me another drop in , their suposed to run 2.8 amps

dave

I gotta be honest, when I joined here I didn't know a thing. I read, and I researched what made sense for my need. I was the "another new guy" going to be asking questions about stock lights in a modding forum. I had an idea how it would play out. Earn the welcome, newbie!!! LOL, That's OK. I expected it. The flashaholic thing, too late. Look at my line below. I had eight lights within the first 30 days. Considered a lost cause to the standards around here I see!. I've been reforming, sorta, and have gotten the buy it out after I acquired a few. Now, I want specifics, so, lots of reading and reviews going on for me. I'd love to get into the modding, BUT, I'm electing to stay away. More drug for the addiction. Nah, I don't want to get into modding in the slightest. If I want something badly, and I can justify it, I'll pay someone to build it for me. And, who the heck knows, that may happen sooner than not. But for now, I'll stick with the off-the-shelf units. Even if, yeah, they're more expensive for what I could build it for.

The wifey is not touching my PP :-D

Jaxman makes some quality goods. same for a lot of others in the industry. The part to swallow, is once something set-up for a run, it's done. hit the GO button and let the CNC fly.

Some stuff is way over price, but it is what it is. Play the hobby, or don't. Like any hobby, they get expensive.

Thanks for the kind words and welcome

R/C

I liked the look of the HS-802 for the depth of the reflector. The longer the better, I think. It makes sense anyway.

Hopefully they send you another drop-in to bring it up to par. Now you really got me curious.

If you can, maybe take some beam shots for yourself, as comparison after it gets new inards?

Do me a favor, let me know the status of your doctoring ;)