Fasttech and another Convoy host failure

I hope I’m not missing something obvious here. But FastTech have sent me another S4 host kit without the pill.

As you can see here:
http://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10002463/1311101-convoy-s4-diy-edc-led-flashlight-host

There should be a nice brass pill for a 16mm star/17mm driver. And a little green contact board.

However both S4 kits come like this:

As you can see the pill is missing. And no, it’s not in the body either.

FastTech managed to f*ck me about enough the first time that PayPal ended up refunding me. Do you think there is any hope this time round?

Anyone else bought an S4 host recently and had the same thing?

Lastly, any bright ideas what to do with two host kits with no pills?

Do you tell Fasttech the story ?

When they are correct,
they have to send you 2 pills for free.

yeah just raised another support ticket with them. Despite the previous one still being open, but since PayPal refunded me for the first one, I can’t be bothered to keep arguing with them over it.

FT morons.
Seems they often use “support tickets” just torun your around in hopes you’ll go away.

Sorry you are having problems. But thanks for the heads up. I won’t be doing business with Fast Tech. I won’t do business with a firm that doesn’t at least try to work with customers who have problems.

I don’t see a reflector either—I know this sounds stupid but it’s not screwed in the host with the reflector

You're not that special buddy. They sent me 5 hosts less 4 pills and retaining rings. However they sent me the replacement parts after I filed a ticket. And got them a few weeks later.

Good info. Unfortunately it seems that your pic is tied to your FT account and not visible to us.

You just needed to file a ticket to get replacements? Did they give you much hassle? I’ve heard read another customer say there are some good reps.

Responses to my emphasis above: you may have realized this while typing the rest of your post, but the contact board has already been assembled with the reverse-clicky switch and spring. It was delivered to you as an assembly rather than parts, so no problem there. On the subject of what to do with these pill-less hosts which FT seems to be unable to supply pills for… have you considered contacting Simon? 30%-50% discount / Free shipping / Coupon--------Shenzhen Great Wall Technology(Simon) Convoy-Flashlights It’s possible that he can sell you the pills separately.

Here's the correct link.

Yup. I was pissed and ready for a fight but they responded to my ticket and said they send me the replacements.

I ordered a Nitecore headband from them, and they sent me one without any elastic loops. I guess they figured I just wanted one as a fashion accessory.

Insult-to injury, now Fastech is "playing" at customer service. I just filed a claim with PayPal.

My first few orders with them were actually quite satisfactory...pity it's come to this.

The better reps might have better english skills (plus care a bit). For the rest its easier just to copy and paste something than to understand. I always try to keep anything I say as simple as possible. Short sentences. To the reps that do have good english I would sound a bit like a moron.

Did your rep give a name?

Well… we BLF’ers gotta stick together and boycott the buggers :expressionless:

And those of us who are registered on other flashlight websites ought to spread the news there too.
We gotta vote with our feet… it’s a matter of principle.

I didn't know things were getting so bad? I agree that BLFers should stick together. So what's the current status with these guys? Are we seriously boycotting FT?

I don’t think so. Do you know if the [apparently mis-named] pills were in stock when you ran into your trouble with them? EG maybe Chicken Drumstick is getting the run-around due to them not having the ability to satisfactorily fix the situation (eg they don’t have any pills to send).

What I’m trying to suggest is that if a vendor is persistently giving its customers the runaround, it should be black-listed, period.

Mistakes will be made from time to time. But it is the vendor’r responsibility to put things right, and in a satisfactory manner.

Most times, we are ordering stuff from half way ’round the world; so this whole game is based on trust.

BLF has a fair amount of clout. Just look at the ‘BLF special-edition EagleEye X6 orders - more than 700 to date!
Of course it is up to us personally just who we buy from, but by and large we have to send out the message that we will not support
vendors who ’try to wriggle out of’ behaving honestly by putting in place such a convoluted processes.

I've had some problems with a DOA charger with fasttech. After going back and forth a bit with support (to be expected) they had me mail the defective unit to an address in Florida and they gave me a refund for the charger, shipping and the packaging material to send back the charger. IMHO they handled it quite well. Having said that all vendors have bad employees and language barrier issues. Your getting low prices for a reason :-)

I have over 14 pages of orders from FT, 4 “bad” tickets all of which FT has promptly handled and corrected w/ barely any question as long as I had a photo to prove it

FT unlike some DO have good customer service and will make the issue right.

Open a ticket and they will make it right…sux you have to wait twice to get the ticket corrected though…but it happens

I order from FT almost every month. Shipping for their registered mail is fairly quite. I always capture unpack video when items arrive. Together with close up images of any faulty items. Once you are able to produce all these proofs. They are all happy to give full refund within 48hrs (fastest among all stores) after you agreed on the compensation method. However, for "missing" or late items will be much more difficult to settle though.