Fasttech - interesting new products - Flashlights, chargers, batteries and DIY and knives - please no discussions.

just been on but it was a touch sporadic, I assumed it was my mobile signal tbh.

Been working OK for me the last few hours. Only 1 new product today, but yesterday’s new arrivals updated to 103.

I placed a new order with them today (Nitecore) but I cannot get to my messages; it says “too many redirects…”

I can’t message them so I hope they ship the order.

If you are using Firefox, clear cookies for Fasttech.com
I had to do this in order to get to my tickets. No idea why, just did it and it worked.

It’s all over!!! I knew they were scammers!!! :wink:

Only kidding :smiley:

Marc.

12 posts about Fasttech is down or up again? Come on, please be a little bit more focused on the thread title. 1-2 information about down or up is ok, or solution like clear cookies but more? It would be nice to delete some post, which are lost the use to make the thread more clear.

I think this thread would be better for this, because the thread was opened by Fasttech and some of the Fasttech crew are reading those post and could help or maybe could find a solution, if this happens again.

Back to nice products. I haven’t notice these both products last week (maybe they were listed later):
Sanyo UR14500P 14500 840mAh (2-Pack). HKJ tested two 14500 battery, which use these Sayno cells: Enerpower and INTL-Outdoor - his conclusion: Very good battery.

Listed price $9,94 - coupon BLF work to save 5% - Non aff- link

Before you buy: Please take a look at the the discussion on the productpage about the date of manufacture. I think Fasttech will answer the question in the next days.

A bike light with 1x XM-L T6 + 2x XP-G R5 4-Mode 1000-Lumen, with batterypack, available in 4 colors (black, blue, red, green). Mode 1: Middle light on Mode 2: Left + right lights on Mode 3: All lights on Mode 4: Left and right lights alternately on

In the description is written down XP-E R5, but this LED type doesn’t exist (only XP-E R4), the package picture shows 2x XP-G R5 and the LED picture show two XP-G R5. I wrote this information to the Fasttech service a few minutes ago.
Listed price $46,63 with BLF 5% less. Non aff-link

If you want to discuss, which is a better bikelight, please use this thread . Thank you.

Before you buy: Please take a look at the the discussion on the productpage about the mAh capacity of the batteries. 1200mAh would be extremly low - I think it is a typo error like XP-E and XP-G R5. I think Fasttech will answer the question in the next days.

Hi,

Try opening a ticket with them on the item or page. I’ve found that they’re VERY fast in responding to tickets, but not so fast to respond to comments in their forums.

Jim

Thanks, Jim. It might be hard for them to follow the discussions. I’ll send them a ticket about getting the wrong invoice.

You’re welcome. I think I saw a post on their forum where “geek” suggested that (open ticket). I think it’d actually make sense for them to be more active in their forums, because, as the person on that thread opined, probably a lot of people would have the same questions, but if they do a ticket, only one user gets the info.

Jim

Great battery and a great price. I had missed it too, and I check the “new arrivals” quite often. Thanks for sharing.
Ill probably stick to the ones from intl-outdoor. I prefer the protected version.

Now the Roche F12 is available with a 2,8A (8x 7135) driver in CW (XM-L T6 1A) and NW (XM_L T6 3C). The description say 5 mode, but take a look at some pictures of the 5x 7135 version, which came out earlier. FT wrote also 5 mode, but it is the well known 105C driver, which could be changed to 3 mode without blinking. I suppose it will be the same with the 8x 7135 driver (the 5x 7135 version has the 105C driver and the 7x 7135 version (sold by CNQG), too). You can buy a black or a dsesrt yellow version.

Picture of the 5x 7135 Roche F12 driver with a link to the review of BLF member UPz (in spanish, but changeable into english).

FT listed price $19,87 CW / $20,82 NW , coupon BLF save 5% - Non aff-link

FT listed some Jetbeam, too. Not the newest models of the brand, but mybe the price make these attractive. Each has a XM-L T6 LED. You can use the BLF coupon.
Jetabeam RRT-2 - 460 lumen, 4 mode, CR123/18650 Price: $65,48 - Non aff-link
Jetbeam RRT01 - 500lumen, selector ring, CR123/16340/18350 (short versions, maybe only unprotected). Price: $56,97 - Non aff-link
Jetbeam 3M - 450lumen, CR123/18650, 1 mode and a user defined mode. Price: $48,68 - Non aff-link

The RRT-0 listed March 27.

FT listed also a new bikelight: UltraFire YANG-T6-02 3200-Lumen 3-Mode (high, mid, strobe) 5x XM-L for $69,84 - non aff-link

I think this are a lot of XM-L LED in this case and I do not know, if only 3 do the same job, but save some money. With a current draw of 2800 mA (not each LED, all together) this could have some potential for modding (only if you use it as a bikelight with a cooling wind during the ride - not as a headlamp. In the modding case: Think about the runtime of the batterypack with 8,4V and 6500mA).

Niteye TF20
2-480 lumens with dimming magnetic ring switch
$61.42

Niteye Eye10
1-260 lumens with dimming magnetic ring switch
CR123A
$52.27

JETBeam DDR30
3200 lumens, 4 modes
3x18650
$169.60

Niteye Eye30
2000 lumens, 5 modes
4x18650 or 8xCR123A
$228.41
Reviewed by BLF member harry25175

You forgot the links, leaftye :wink:

Thank you leaftye for posting not only a link :slight_smile: A picture and some more information help everyone to know which flashlight it is.

Maybe some people are also interested in tactical/defense pens. FT listed a few of NaitHawk. The colored version are only available in black. In Germany they cost round about the doubled price. Maybe it’s similar in your country, too. All came with a in Germany produced ball pen refill and in NaitHawk plastic box (waterproof), which intl-outdoor sell for $4,97
. Maybe useful for a flasglight, too.

Some looks like a kubotan [please inform yourself, if this is legal in your country. In Germany it’s legal (hier ein Feststellungsbescheid vom BKA über einen Kubotan). Please don’t not discuss the law in this thread like some post before! If you know, that it is illegal in your country please send me a PM (with a link to the proof) and I will include this information in this post). Thank you.

FT listed four, but I will only show two (the low and high priced version (made of damascus steel). You can selected the others with the dropdown menu of one of the linked pens. Available pens NaitHawk TK 3, 9, e and X.

The cheapest is the TK 3 for $20,91, the front looks like a kubotan, length 13cm, diameter 12mm, weight 38 g. FT listed price $20,91, use TENOFF, BLF will not work - non aff link
The high price product is the TK .e damascus steel, length 7,91cm, diameter 9,3mm, weight 30 g. FT listed price $60,70, use TENOFF coupon, BLF do not work - non aff link

FT also add two Jetbeam flashlights later this day (notice this a few minutes ago):
JETBeam ST CYCLER, XM-L T6, 425-Lumen 2-Group with 4-Mode each. 1x 18650/ 2x CR123. Outdoor group (turbo, hi, mid, strobe) and the cycling group only low and 3 blink modes :frowning: FT price: $46,94 - Non aff-link

JETBeam RRT-0, XM-L T6 550-Lumen. CR123, 16340, 14500 or AA. 550 lumen only with li-ion. Brightness —> use the selector ring. FT price: $64,34 - Non aff-link

OMG, I placed a few orders with FASTtech and got an update that my packages were shipped along with the tracking numbers in the email notification. :wink:

I went on their site and found not only the tracking numbers BUT a full digital picture of my actual package all wrapped-up with the completed shipping label attached.

8) 8) 8) 8) Man, I’ll tell you THAT is SERVICE!!! 8) 8) 8) 8)

Holy! I did not know about that and checked my fasttech account and wow, they indeed took a picture of my package.
I´m impressed!

P60 XM-L2 SMO drop-ins 5 modes

Mini suction cup holder stand
$3.79
It isn't directly suction cup related, but I've been looking for ways of holding flashlights and/or a camera. This is an option, and the price is nice. At this price, I can fab a board and band holder for holding flashlights, or even mod the suction cup with magnets. I'd really like to see a flashlight holder with ballhead that can be attached to camera tripod legs.

Niwalker NWK600N1
$70.47
2-700 lumens with stepless magnetic ring.
It has a removable lanyard ring, but I don't know what its benefit is.

US customers can buy the Niwalker cheaper on lighthound $64,99 at the moment (free US shipping over $75 - maybe you find some paracord or GITD products to get free shipping).

http://www.lighthound.com/Niwalker-NWK-600N1—XM-L-U2-Flashlight_p_4140.html

Interesting… I’ve been wanting a Sunwayman V11R or Jetbeam RRT01 or Niteye EYE10 for a while, due to the variable control ring and ultra-low lows, but they’ve been too expensive to bother. However, this may be a do-able price for it.

BTW, it’s the RRT01, not RRT-1 (those two aren’t the same thing; silly naming scheme).

They also have the EYE10 in stock for a similar price, and it’s almost the exact same product. Two companies got rights to the same design and made very similar lights, so I’m not sure which is better. The EYE10 has some detents along its range, for static reference points… but I’ve also heard it might not go as low as the RRT01 (0.2lm vs 0.005lm). Then again, some people report that individual RRT01 units don’t go that low either, and that there has been a high variability per batch.

Anyone have any experience with the RRT01 from Fasttech? I’d like to know more about this particular batch if possible.

[edit: I just realized that’s kind of a dumb question… FT just got these in stock for the first time, so of course nobody has experience with one yet… guess I might be the first]

I’ve also been having a bit of difficulty finding good 18350 batteries for it; I’ve heard that AW IMR 18350 would be best, but I’m tempted to just grab regular 16340s instead since quality ones are so much easier to find. I doubt the extra capacity will matter much to me, since it’s not getting anywhere near as much runtime as a Zebralight anyway (4 days vs 2 months on the lowest usable setting).