Fasttech - interesting new products - Flashlights, chargers, batteries and DIY and knives - please no discussions.

No, it will charge to only 4.2v. The only 4.3v charger I know of is cottonpickers, though there are probably more out there.

This should

Both the WLtoys V911 and Syma S107 helicopters look tempting. I’ve never had a RC flyer before… The S107 sounds better for indoor use and beginners, while the V911 sounds better for outdoor use in light or no wind. The V922 sounds fun too, with the ability to do stunts and fly upside-down, but also probably requires a lot more skill than I have since I’ve never used a RC heli before.

ignore the s107g as it’s too easy and the v922 as that’s not a beginner heli, get the V911 as that is perfect being both easy to learn the basics and strong enough to take rather a lot of abuse whilst doing so, is also cheap and easy to repair if you do manage to break it.

I’d get either the blue or red one as they are easier to see and the main blades more durable compared to the black one.

FT listed now a Ultrafire T80 - looks really similar to the Crelant V6CS.

UltraFire T80 XM-L U2 710-Lumen 4-Mode (hi, low, hidden strobe and SOS) LED Flashlight 1*18650/2*CR123A.

The description say: Hidden Strobe and SOS, quickly click side switch 2 times to enter

FT listed it for $35,60 (-5% with BLF) and here ist also a non aff-link

A review about the genuine Crelant

It comes in a box like the Olight M21 Warrior.

Separate thread started here. I always miss items listed in this thread and I bet others do too. This one sounds really nice!

-Garry

I think sometimes this happened, but this is the reason, why I start this thread. Not everyone has the time to look every day what is new and maybe interesting - here is everything in one thread. If every thing has a own thread, the startpage of BLF will be filled (maybe overfilled) with it.

If a flashlight starts a discussion by a bigger group, then it would be good to start a new thread to keep this thread clear.

I understand and I think it's a tough balance to know whether or not to start a separate thread.

-Garry

I got Gillette Mach 3 blades from FastTech very cheap and they seem good.

The newest Flashlight group Convoy S7:

with different XM-L LEDs (T4 7C, T5 5C, T6 3C/4C, U2 1B) and 3/4/6/8 x 7135 drivers. Price range $25,83-29,63. If you use BLF you can save 5%. Non aff-link

Also the Convoy S5 ($19,73-22.01) and S6 ($18,05-21,85). Take one of the links above and use the drop-down menu to select the want you want.

S7

S5S6

Nitecore i2 with US or EU cable. The small brother of the i4 V2

Charges Li-ion: 26650, 22650, 18650, 17670, 18490, 17500, 17335,16340 ( RCR123 ), 14500, 10440, Ni-MH/Ni-Cd): AA, AAA, A, SC, C. Price $14,90 (EU version) / $14,80 (US version). It's nice that a EU plug version is available, because many peolple do not like the cheap US EU adapters. Non aff link

That Convoy S7 is awfully pretty… makes me want to buy yet another light for my bike. But I’ve already got three similar cigar-sized lights and not enough uses for them.

Nice to see the Euro plug option with the i2.

It could be SS. Now FT listed the host and wrote stainless steel. Take a look at the weight: 87g, a S4 has only 47g (aluminum)

https://www.fasttech.com/products/1618/10002463/1319903

BTW, Convoy S6 and X-Power are almost the same.

Forgot to update but I got one, and it’s not a liner lock even though it appears to be. Blade is held open and closed by a ball detent. The blade is just over 3” but the cutting edge is under 3” so would make it legal UK EDC since it is a non-locking knife. The handle is sculpted G10. It’s a lovely knife.

Chloe, that really is a fine looking knife! 8)

Authentic Sennheiser CX500, 7.62 USD. Too good to be true? :~

This is odd, a multi screwdriver with 6 LEDs:

Thank you for the pictures of the M1.

Some other flashlight DIY products - we know the blue 18650 battery wrapper. Now some more colors are available: red, yellow, purple, orange and translucent. Now you can wrapped batteries of one brand with one color and of other with a second color.

Price: $1,18 for two meter. Non aff link

definitely fakes! they had some Sennheiser IE8’s listed on here a little while ago that were also fakes. which they may still be ok headphones given the price. just don’t expect genuine ones…

With the translucent shrink wrap you can print your own labels using regular paper, and use the clear shrink wrap to cover it. Should be able to make some nice looking batteries. I got some nice iridescent paper that works well on my thermal inkjet printer. I’m gonna make some flashy ones.