Fasttech - interesting new products - Flashlights, chargers, batteries and DIY and knives - please no discussions.

The problem with 20X dual eye-mounted loupes is that they’re basically just jewelers loupes, and thus won’t let you see any farther than a few millimeters away. Not nearly far enough for stereo vision to work.

I’ve been looking for something more like a dentist or surgeon would use, only without paying ~$1k for it… something which can provide magnified stereo vision from about 20cm to 60cm away. Haven’t found anything particularly good yet though. :frowning:

I think they have some utility if you need both hands free but find this glass lens loupe is better quality. But still narrow viewing diameter and need to be quite close ~10mm from object.

It seems that FT is increasingly becoming less and less interesting to follow, didnt see interesting flashlight for ages, every day same sad story: more smoking liquids, more ecigs :frowning:

Fasttech is becoming Smoketech… :slight_smile:

I looked at that switch and could not tell, does it detach from that light or is it hard wired to the LED?

I replied to this in topic about that switch, we don’t want to upset Buwuve too much, don’t we. :bigsmile:

:bigsmile:

0:)

sorry…

:frowning:

Agree. Should not set personal rules in forum chats unless giveaway or Mr Admin.

:wink:

Thank you :) In my opinion a deal thread should be clear, because if someone wants to find a special posts he should not search in a big amount of posts. I think this is the reason, why Mr. Admin has started a deal thread with the headline "Please ONLY post deals. Please do NOT discuss or ask questions about these deals. Feel free to create separate threads for deal discussions. "

A new thread about a special question/problem/solution will also help other people who has the same problem or new ideas for a solution. All information are in one thread and not interrupted with a lot of other posts.

I apologize for my inexcusable ignorance. To make amends I will go find a bigger chastise font and offer it free of charge.

:bigsmile: :wink:

I agree, all this off-topic discussion is preventing Buwuve from posting more affiliate links.

Yeah guys, please DELETE ALL YOUR POSTS!

You guys are just being mean now. While the affiliate links do irk me, I appreciate that he's recording the prices of interesting lights. That means I know what price to ask FT when I contact them for "bulk" pricing after they raise the prices because of MAP issues. Even with showing 300 posts per page, I'm still on page 3 of this thread. 3 pages isn't much to search through, but it would be if I didn't know I could show that many posts per page.

We’ve been down the affiliate discussion path before… do we need to do that again?
Not a big deal to me. Poor ol’ Buwuve isn’t the only one with aff links, but in his own thread he gets picked on. :~
To top it off, he even added non-aff links after the first aff-debacle…

The aff links alone are not the issue. It is the censorship, which - coupled with the aff links - [at least] implies a potential conflict of interest.

Even if we put potential personal motivations aside, the main gripe is that this is a discussion forum. We like to discuss new products - not simply list them. A one-way presentation of that kind is usually known as an advertisement where I come from. Discussion does not “clutter” up the thread. It IS the thread. Without it, you are left with only an ad.

If someone can’t be bothered to scroll a few posts they might be better off leaving the forum and using Fasttech’s own site’s adequate search and filters. It is incredibly easy to browse by category and sort by date added.

:smiley: :smiley: