Fasttech - interesting new products - Flashlights, chargers, batteries and DIY and knives - please no discussions.

:bigsmile:

0:)

sorry…

:frowning:

Agree. Should not set personal rules in forum chats unless giveaway or Mr Admin.

:wink:

Thank you :) In my opinion a deal thread should be clear, because if someone wants to find a special posts he should not search in a big amount of posts. I think this is the reason, why Mr. Admin has started a deal thread with the headline "Please ONLY post deals. Please do NOT discuss or ask questions about these deals. Feel free to create separate threads for deal discussions. "

A new thread about a special question/problem/solution will also help other people who has the same problem or new ideas for a solution. All information are in one thread and not interrupted with a lot of other posts.

I apologize for my inexcusable ignorance. To make amends I will go find a bigger chastise font and offer it free of charge.

:bigsmile: :wink:

I agree, all this off-topic discussion is preventing Buwuve from posting more affiliate links.

Yeah guys, please DELETE ALL YOUR POSTS!

You guys are just being mean now. While the affiliate links do irk me, I appreciate that he's recording the prices of interesting lights. That means I know what price to ask FT when I contact them for "bulk" pricing after they raise the prices because of MAP issues. Even with showing 300 posts per page, I'm still on page 3 of this thread. 3 pages isn't much to search through, but it would be if I didn't know I could show that many posts per page.

We’ve been down the affiliate discussion path before… do we need to do that again?
Not a big deal to me. Poor ol’ Buwuve isn’t the only one with aff links, but in his own thread he gets picked on. :~
To top it off, he even added non-aff links after the first aff-debacle…

The aff links alone are not the issue. It is the censorship, which - coupled with the aff links - [at least] implies a potential conflict of interest.

Even if we put potential personal motivations aside, the main gripe is that this is a discussion forum. We like to discuss new products - not simply list them. A one-way presentation of that kind is usually known as an advertisement where I come from. Discussion does not “clutter” up the thread. It IS the thread. Without it, you are left with only an ad.

If someone can’t be bothered to scroll a few posts they might be better off leaving the forum and using Fasttech’s own site’s adequate search and filters. It is incredibly easy to browse by category and sort by date added.

:smiley: :smiley:

nah. can’t stand drama. but I also don’t enjoy being ordered what to do. :stuck_out_tongue:

dont hate the player, hate the game bro :crown:

SolarStorm SP03 3*Cree XM-L2 U2 for $77.54

http://www.fasttech.com/products/1/10005040/1395400-solarstorm-sp03-3cree-xm-l2-u2-4-mode-3020-lumen-w

http://www.fasttech.com/products/1/10005041/1395406-fandyfire-yl-u2-3cree-xm-l-u2-5-mode-2200-lumen-wh

One possible mitigation for this situation might be the initiation of a new thread once a week, say every Sunday for example. The author could reserve the first few thread lines for updating the thread with new products as the week goes on. The result would be the new products at the top where they are easy to see, and the comments relevant to those products underneath. Before the thread grows too long a new week will start and a new thread along with it.

In my case I received the notice in my inbox that there were new posts in a thread I was subscribed to. I failed to realize I was in the thread that had some special rules after clicking straight into it and seeing a post I was interested in following up on. The reply was created in a new thread, but we ended up with a reminder to follow the rules that was excessive in the choice of font size and the color, in others words wee were getting shouted at. At work we often have to decide to FIDO some rule breaking events we witness, the action of ‘Driving On’ often is the most prudent thing to do in the best interest of the greater good. The second suggestion then for Buwave: consider embracing the concept of FIDO before pulling the trigger on those large multi colored fonts.

Hmm, there seems to be a bit of a misunderstanding. I created the large colored warning message in the deal thread. Then Buwuve copied the message from that thread to this thread.

I can remove the message from the deal thread if you find it offensive. But the problem is that people were discussing products in the deal thread, which makes it considerably less useful, i.e. email notifications for that thread don’t necessarily mean a new deal.