Fasttech - interesting new products - Flashlights, chargers, batteries and DIY and knives - please no discussions.

Ahh, great! I find thumbstuds generally too hard to flick open. I don’t want to break my nails! >.<

good points. do you have both? is build quality, feel, FnF about equal or is SWM superior?

I don’t have both, just the RRT01. I’m pulling V11R (and EYE10) data from reviews, like selfbuilt’s nice review and the long CPF thread about V11R vs RRT01. Most of the posts are comparing release-time versions though, and the RRT01 has improved a lot since then. I’m not sure if the V11R has changed over time.

I’ve heard that the V11R feels subjectively more expensive, but the main differences are a matter of personal preference. If you want a clicky, get the V11R. If you want ring-only, get the RRT01. Etc… Here are some differences/details from what I recall:

V11R:

• Rear forward-clicky required for on/off. Allows signalling/momentary use, but requires switching between overhand and handshake grip a lot.
  • Maximum 4-day battery life when button is “on”, even with the ring turned all the way down to put it in standby.
  • Clip-on clip.
  • Side lanyard holes.
  • Aluminum bezel.
  • Uses CR123 / 16340 batteries, or AA/14500 cells via a ~$12 extender.
  • Lowest output is 0.02lm to 0.09lm, depending on battery type, according to selfbuilt.
  • Control ring is a bit stiff, can twist open the light if the ring is turned too fast.
  • Owners report it feels expensive and well-built.
  • Is slightly longer than the other two lights, thanks to being a clicky.
  • Has a rubber boot and metal boot, metal one requires polishing and lubing to work right.
  • Comes in camo and (IIRC) titanium if desired.
  • XM-L U2
  • Costs the most of all three lights, especially with extender.
  • Is selfbuilt’s EDC of choice (with AA extender).

RRT01:

• UI is control ring only.
  • Has a semi-hidden dimmable SOS mode. Twist down/up 3-4 times to enter. Doesn’t matter how bright, just relative motions work.
  • Screw-on clip.
  • Lanyard/keychain tail nub.
  • Stainless steel bezel.
  • Uses CR123 / 16340 / 18350 batteries.
  • Lowest low modes on the market. Goes smoothly down to zero output and smoothly back up.
  • Control ring moves fairly easily, but has a slight metal-on-metal grinding feel.
  • Old models have ringy beams (smooth reflector), too-long clips, may be wobbly while tail-standing, and need to overshoot then back off to reach the lowest modes. Current models fix all these things.
  • Comes in titanium (IIRC) if desired, but that model has the old-model issues.
  • The bottom ~30% of its ring range outputs no light, then ~40% is from 0.005lm to 2.5lm, then the remaining ~30% goes from 2.5lm to ~500lm.
  • XM-L T6
  • Is goinggear’s EDC of choice.

EYE10:

• Same designer/manufacturer as RRT01 — very similar build.
  • UI is control ring only.
  • Has both strobe and SOS modes, dimmable, using 2-4 down/up twists to enter.
  • Has ~11 detents along its range for reference points, but it interferes with smooth level changes and makes a zipper-like sound when moving fast.
  • Screw-on clip, but it may need to be held back when unscrewing the light for a battery change.
  • Lanyard/keychain tail nub.
  • Stainless steel bezel.
  • Uses CR123 / 16340 / 18350 batteries.
  • Lowest output is un-verified.
  • Control ring is only partially knurled.
  • Knurling is bigger than the other two lights.
  • The bottom ~30% of its ring range outputs no light.
  • XM-L U2, highest maximum output of all three lights (on AW 18350).
  • Costs the least of all three lights.

So. It’s simple, isn’t it? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I went with the RRT01 because I liked its particular features best… but really, you can’t go wrong with any of the three.

Or you could get a ZL SC52 and enjoy the smaller size and massively longer runtimes at the cost of not having a control ring.

Of course rexdog. :slight_smile: But it normally takes 19 to 21 days for my orders from FastTech to arrive so it won’t be that soon.

thanks for the info toykeeper…. that… helps?
:stuck_out_tongue:

gonna settle on the TF-R2 I have had my eye on to play with and think about control rings some more. (think I am leaning RRT01) I owe myself a birthday present before too long though. :slight_smile:

Do you guys every get the USPS upgrade at fasttech? I saw it for 35 cents on my order so I clicked it.

Had the upgrade option, but it was free of charge for me
:~

I want to get this with a EU plug, but what type of adapter do I need to make it work with my US outlets. Does Fasttech offer one?

I just did a quick search for that… looks like a XP-E 1x18650 thrower? Have you looked at the Jacob A60? It costs less and throws farther than almost any other budget light.

Hi,

I think that attraction of the TF-R2 is not so much what it comes with, but it’s potential as a “better” P60 host.

Yup you nailed it ohaya. P60 is the attraction.

Actually do have a jacob a60 already too. :slight_smile: it is a great cheap thrower.

You can get an extra figure-8 lead? Buy the i2 with US lead and get the Euro plug separately. There are these adapters too.

Or get This thing for the intellicharger

Oh wow, so neat!! (I put in a product request!)

JohnnyMac, you’re an evil person! me likey LOL

Looks like there will be a delay in getting the O’Pen’s back in stock. I hope Olight aren’t playing silly games with Fasttech, but I’m hanging in there with this one - for now.

Some new batteries in stock today - 4.35v Panasonic NCR18650B

One thing about the thread, to help people with a mobile phone (small display a lot of scrolling). Please quote only the things, which are important, not the whole post and all pictures. This is also the reason, why I resize the pictures. Make a clear thread.

FT listed a big bunch of other mobile packs of QIDIAN and Xinbo. I do not post some, because they have listed to much.

Some other intersting products:
Sanyo CR17450SE-R 3V PLC Lithium Battery (2-Pack),listed price $8,27 my link and the non aff-link

Heatsink thermal silicone grease (adhesive) Stars-922 (5g). I use this for my LED stars for a couple of months nad it works fine. Perfect if you need only 5g for a few satrs and not 50g.Listed price $1,31 my link and the non aff-link

I bought S10 Baton for $35, now the price is $48. The Penlight is sold out (is it? ), but the starting price was $34, the new price is $48

http://www.fasttech.com/search?olight

PRICECONTROL is the Keyword :wink:

Interesting to see that Fasttech now uses CloudFlare DDoS protection. I guess they might be a target for envious competitors.