FastTech is carrying the XIAOZHI 18650 EDC under the X-Power name for just $19.94

Just make a fake shop with a bit lower prices, request price match. LOL

I would rather request more emitter options (cough XM-L2, XP-G2, Nichia 219) and a 2 group driver.

Yep . Especially now that it is clipped to my pocket all of the time .

It is indeed a nice 18650 flashlight.
I bought two while I was at it for my Christmas present to myself. Thank you :santa:
One nice thing that I did find with the Xiaozhi was that it uses the amc7135 105c driver with the attiny13a.
I reprogrammed mine with tido’s v.4 programmable code.
Its my favorite light now. :bigsmile:

Thanks for the link, I’m tempted to grab one. Anyone know if they’ll fit protected 3100mAh pannys?

Just curious , but what modes did you put into it ?

I used tido’s Budget Light Forum Versatile LED Driver in his thread. You can have what ever modes you like.

Got it .

I should have written " what modes did you put into it ? "

I want to know what your personal preferences were for this light .

Or is that too personal ....?

It has three main modes and then the extended modes. You can take any of the extended modes and place them in the main three. I like your basic three L,M, and H. I used the lowest I could get that the led actual light something up. The first two or three in the extended modes will only make the led glow (can’t see anything that’s not within a foot of the light). Then what I considered a good med and high. I don’t like the stroby modes but the beacon mode in the extended modes could be quite useful in a rescue situation. But its programmable in the UI so if I needed it I could switch to that mode moving it in one of the position of the three main modes.
I’m going to try Dr.jones luxdrv next. Still play around to find my perfect mode driver. I may even try to change some code to get there. Depends on how much time I can spend on it.

Just purchased the CW for $19.80!!

hows this different than the hd2011 or the roche f12? is it because of the modes only and build quality.
is this any brighter or floodier or more throwy than the two i mentioned?

Yes they will, I am using the fasttech protected 3100mah Panasonics right now. But my callie’s Kustoms 3100mah is a very tight fit. May damage the shrink wrap there so tight, so I just use the fasttech’s. The Xtar 2600mah also works fine.

Could you guys probe them some more for the host for this light?
I did but am waiting if they will get it or not, I hate to wait!

Just list it already FT!

Not much difference in brightness or output pattern than those lights. The Roche uses the Nanjg driver as well but the HD2011 does not. While the HD2011 has better build quality than the 2100, the Roche and the Xiaozhi are way better build quality with nice, regulated drivers. The Xiaozhi/X-Power has better tint and output choices than the Roche for far less money.

How does this light compare with the Convoy S2/S3?
Jerry

Not having this one or the S2 (I have an S3) that compares more with it, I'd say this is a slightly better host with double o-rings on each end and what appears to be more aggressive knurling.

Does anyone know if the Fasttech version has the same 2 mode group driver as the one on Fancyflashlights?
Or if it has a new ‘4 mode group’ one as advertised where you switch via a flash on low mode?
Or if it’s the one that can be set to one mode group by soldering between the negative and a star?

A lot of the recent offerings on FT are really nice quality for the price, but I don’t like the 2 or more mode groups circuit where you can accidentally switch groups if you change mode from low at the wrong time…

In for 1 thanks

So it sounds like it was the way to go at one time, but not anymore? So now I’ve been dying of curiosity, what is the way to go now?

When people here talk about lumens of a light, how do we know if they are meaning the real number (is that called the ANSI Lumens?), or the fake number that the unscrupulous sellers just attach to the light?

This light is described as 640 lumens, is that real?

I’m not exactly sure how something gets and ANSI rating, if it has to be officially tested or something. :quest:

640 for an XM-L T6 driven at 1.75A seems about right.
I know for sure that almost always, the rated lumen amount it “emitter” not “out the front”.