Fasttech TanLu TL-20G Gift set Review. Nitecore EC4 copy.

No idea what reason, it’s all in Chinese.

Still no word of getting the money back.

Did it include a battery? That would probably be it

Nope. Specifically got the one without battery or charger.

So, question to the FT account person who’s watching the thread —- why is the quality so bad on this flashlight?
Was the sample you sent typical of what we’d get if we bought one from you?

Do those “Protected” cells actually have a protection circuit?

For $20, I would have thought this light with the parallel-cell construction would at least make a nice host for an e-switch q-lite, if nothing else, but the crimped reflector/head assembly rules that out. I have an original EC4 (thanks Old Lumens!) and although I like the light, the series construction and high parasitic drain are a bit disappointing.

what do you mean by crimped? on mine the bezel opens easily

Based on MRsDNF’s quote in the OP:

Someone mentioned earlier that the reflector is removable and is made from plastic. I cant verify this myself though.
The refund from Fasttech was offered after I had completed the review of which I declined at the time. They refunded me anyway. Thanks.

Great review on a disappointing flashlight. I agree on a earlier post that we don’t see enough reviews on bad flashlights so we know what NOT to buy.
Thank you MRsDNF!

Good review. Steve sad it wasn’t a contender.

btw the nitecore is xhp50…

Yes it is and its heading back your way in a couple of days. That is if I remember to bring it. :person_facepalming:

Parasitic drain?

Sorry hank. I would not rely on my meters giving a reliable reading if any at all.

OK. If it doesn’t kill a pair of cells in a week on the shelf, that’d be good news —- I had hopes of modding this light for a host of a low-brightness emergency light with a long lifetime from the 2 parallel cells.
Still hoping they take the comments seriously and offer it as an affordable host. Those of us who tear lights up forgive a lot of blemishes.

I hear you hank and also follow along your lines. The threads on the tailcap would make me think twice though let alone the anodising. I guess I just got tired of modding lights that are just not worth the input. Saves on frustration. :slight_smile:
I could not get a reading on current drain with the light off. High was around 1.65 amps but varied greatly because of the poor contact at the head end of the light and .4 amps on low.

Finally got a refund.
Thanks for the review, even though it was disappointing.

On being reminded of this thread, once again thank_you for a very helpful review.

I wonder why its out of stock. :smiley: