Fattest Head

What is the fattest head and tightest beam flood-to-throw available? It’s for an IR project, the LED and driver will be scrapped, so I’m just interested in the optics.

Thrunite TN31 have a very large head with good relfector for throw.
Is this your question?

Does the TN31 have adjustable focus? Plus, I’m looking for a single 18650 cell body - guess I should have stated that part.

Quite simply no. It sounds like if you want a really big head that you may have to go custom built.

Basically the question is the following:

What’s the largest head 1x18650 aspheric zoomie currently available?

Unfortunately, I usually look for small heads to fit in the pocket so I don’t know the answer.

See post 6 and 7 to start you off.
Its 43mm head, 26650 but am sure you can convert that to 18650.

43mm is the same as a Yezl T9, which I have. I was hoping for something a little bigger. Plus Taobao scares me.

Not too budget friendly, but this: http://www.banggood.com/WOLF-EYES-Seal-Hunter-CREE-XM-L-U2-1000lm-Zoomable-LED-Flashlight-p-919779.html

When I saw your headline, the first thing that came to mind was “Donald Trump”.

+1

My SEAL just arrived from banggood. I paid the extra for DHL shipping and it arrived on my doorstep in a week. Stock throw is 131Kcd with the aspheric lens and 32Kcd with reflector. This is exactly what the advertised specs are on the very nice instruction manual/spec sheet , printed in english.
Then it gets torn down and modded with a prototype SBT-70 RED emitter on the way from Luminus. And hopefully I can get extra pills machined to do an IR version as well.
I hope to do a full review soon.

Crelant aspherical head.

OMG that is a big ass aspherical head I’ve ever seen! It has 83mm head!

But it is a 1st gen XM-L U2 stock? XP-G2 dedomed + 4.2A should produce >500kcd.

It’s an XML2-U2.

here is a photo(sorry for the bad pics) next to the T20

You could add Gene Simmons and Ted Nugent to that list :slight_smile:

Thanks for the photos kevind43. Is the focus adjustable with the big aspherical head?

I wonder why nobody talk about this light other than the more popular lights but with smaller aspherical lens like Crelant and X Searcher.