Faulty X5/6 driver from BG

Hi, sorry if this has been covered before but if it has I can’t find it.
I fitted an X5/6 driver from BG to my Jaxman M8 mainly for the increased number of brightness modes and for the ability to go up and down the modes.( I have 4 lights with the A6 driver and these work perfectly.) I have it in the 7 brightness plus hidden modes option, same as the A6 driver. Problem is that the reverse function takes many seconds to work, if at all, rendering it useless. As far as I can tell all other modes and functions are OK. (I haven’t tried them all as some are of no use to me. Is this a problem that I can remedy myself? I recall reading somewhere on the forum that there have been issues with heat and faulty capacitors on the driver so would a dodgy cap. be the problem? If so, which one? If its a problem with the processor then it will be beyond my abilities to sort out. Incidentally There is a review on BG from someone else with the same issue so I assume that there are a number of these drivers in circulation. Any help would be much appreciated. Greetings from Ireland.

http://budgetlightforum.com/node/ I think this may help.
Greetings and welcome

Hi, thanks for the reply but not sure what I should be looking for as the link took me to flashlight reviews from 2014 and earlier……………….

Thanks, thats better! I’ve had a quick look and sussed that best to start from newest posts after working through page 1 (of 28 pages) I will post if I get any further towards a solution….

I’ve got the same problem with a BG X6 driver, tried swapping out the OTC with an 1uF X7R version (that was a fiddly job!), but there’s still a massive difference in reverse mode time between a hot and cold light.

Cold: ca. 14 seconds
Warm: ca. 10 seconds
Hot: ca. 6 seconds

It’s not great, but at least it’s consistent enough to be able to get back to the bike strobe mode.

I wonder if a smaller capacitor would shorten the time? Although that may make the hot time too short.