Favorite EDC battery format?

i EDC (in my Jeans pocket) a S10R at the moment

I EDC Eye10 using 18350.

Backup is AAA light with a spare CR123 and AAA (Lithium) battery in PnS camera waist bag.

Keychain with one AAA light.

Even if I forget to bring my Eye10, I still have AAA light.

Tried for awhile, but it was just not meant to be; bit too chubby, switch is too easily engage, too much trouble to lockout physically.

Zebralight SC62W is my current EDC, prefer the 18650 because of power and run time.

Thanks. That makes my conclusion wrong, but I hope people will use my formula with their own battery capacities. Mine are just typical from I don’t know when. I am not sure if I don’t know how to use the calculator on this computer’s desk top, or if I copied the number wrong.

I voted 18650. It’s mainly the run time and power (not to mention sheer variety of hosts). Though not strictly EDC (I don’t actually EDC a flashlight), I’d sooner grab one of these lights than anything smaller cell-wise if I needed light outdoors.

18650. I will take a little bigger light for the superior run time! :wink:

I have a few 16340 and One 14500 edc. It seems like I am always charging them and/or changing batteries! :frowning:

I use 1x Horseshoe fungus

14650 :stuck_out_tongue: because I like to be different. More juice than any xx350 and skinnier than 18xxx.

Well really, you should use either Omphalotus Olavescens, the Jack O’Lantern fungus:

Or Armillaria Melea, the deer mushroom since it is very very common but does not put out as much light.

Or if you are in Australia, another Omphalotus, the Ghost Mushroom:

http://ashdown4628.clients.cmdwebsites.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/MG_9937-Copy.jpg

Maybe Chloe would like to change her EDC to a cat:

http://cdn.medgadget.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/s31fg0j81.jpg

I think I know exactly what you did wrong, we have all made this mistake.

If the question is, How many percent higher is 64 compared to 32, then you would do 64/32=1.50
You would then drop the 1 and say 50 percent higher. I believe that your calculator gave you 1.16, you dropped the 1, saw 16 and knew the answer should be 1 point something and wrote down 1.60.

BTW, my conclusions when I did the numbers is that Lithiums are better but NiMH are still good, or even better for some applications. They are not yet obsolete.

I had to get out a hardware calculator to get it right. I kept getting wrong answers from the one on this computer’s desk top.

Before I became a serious collector, my EDC battery size was 2 x 2016 in a red Inova three mode button light. I still carry one of those also. They also work fine on 1 X 2032. Now I mostly use it to let children play with it, but it is all one needs to keep from falling down in the dark. About as bright as an incandescent 2D light. A great button light, but more expensive than a Zeusray 18650 with an XM-L2.

When I was a kid, long before I ever smoked, my EDC light was a book of paper matches.

Although I EDC a AA Nitecore, it’s only because of the smaller diameter being easier to fit in my go bag - at home if I need light it’s 18650 Solarforce L2 series with a couple of CR123A’s and a 14500 thrown in as well as an LED Lenser K1L on my keys that uses AG3 x4 button cells.
So a mixed bunch at the moment.

I forgot the TU Nano on my keyring (4xLR521).

All of them! I like AAA, AA, and 18650’s for EDC. AAA is for work since I wear slacks and it’s the only lights that isn’t bulky in those pants. If I’m wearing jeans or cargo shorts then 18650. Once I get a Zebralight SC62w it’ll be hard to justify using an AA light, as it is about the same size as my favorite AA, the SC52w. I still like having AA’s around since they are so easy to find in case of emergency. AA’s with Eneloop are perfect for the vehicle, especially as a supplement to 18650’s.

This is your EDC? lol … you must be in good shape …

I vote AA/14500 because for my EDC needs a 200 lumen output is enough (even too much) so the runtime is not a problem.

me vote for 18650.
i’ve been use convoy s8 for at least 6 month right now.

Since I carry my EDC light in my pant pocket I carry a single AAA. The largest I would carry would be a single AA. I cannot imagine carrying an 18650. I suppose you that carry that format carry it in some sort of belt holster?
Jerry

Some 18650 lights are barely bigger than the AA versions. For instance the Zebralight SC62w and SC52w. I carry in my pockets, sometimes in my change pocket, but never in any kind of holster. For work I only carry a 2 x AAA Foursevens Preon 2 because anything else is too bulky for slacks. In jeans or cargo shorts I carry 18650.

Yeah, like brass 18650 from CNQG/BG is only 97mm x 21mm. Goes nicely in pant pocket.