Feeler for C12 copper pill? <----WERE DOIN IT!

Me down for 1!

Do we know if the C12s from Lightmall, KD, Bestofferbuy etc… are all exactly the same? Are these things built in the same factories and simply rebranded by the vendor (perhaps with a driver change as well?)?

Good question being there is such a huge variance in ultrafire c8s who know about the c12?

In for at least 1.

Just so you guys know light junkie is sending me a C12 so that I can see what it will take for these pills to be realized.

Way!!Sorry for delay but Wednesday the server was down and I wasn’t able to get to post office office until today.

Here is the sales thread.

I measured the total thread and flange contact area a while back and found that it’s the clearance between threads creating the bottleneck in my C12. The difference in diameter between the male and female threads shows how little contact is being made. Despite having a smaller diameter, my C8 with less sloppy threads, has more total surface contact. Even with copper, more thread engagement would be needed to continue the transfer on to the fins once the pill becomes saturated. Make a copper pill with more, tighter threads and I’m in. I’d even go for a tighter fitting aluminum one.

C8 _ 220 mm²

C12 186 mm²

XinTD V3 262 mm²

20mm star _ 250 mm²

My C12 host and a VOB modded a Quite 7135 driver he added 4 more chips, for a total of 12
Chips and topped with x.l2-u21a (l know a terrible tint for some) on a 20 mm copper noctigon and I fired it up and compared to modded KD C8 with 8 350 mAH chips same emitter set up as C12 on aluminum pill and I know they C8 and C12 have the same reflector but now the C12 can throw! Thanks VOB.for all the extra work you put in.