Fenix E01 + i4 Charger giveaway (Winners announced!)

I'd like to be in, too :) Thanks!

Thanks for the giveaway Ryan and BG!

Sat photo - The recent smog problem in China.

Thanks Ryan. Pl count me in.

Heres a cool link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNLdblFQqsw&feature=em-subs_digest

Thanks for the great giveaway. I’am in.

We have egg laying chickens. They free range and sometimes get taken down by predators. When we get down to 1 chicken, we buy a new flock of young chickens. We name our chickens in accordance with their personalities. Currently we have only 4 birds. Bell, Pearl, Bruiser, and Number 2. Number 2 is our oldest chicken and is from our first flock. All though she is a sweet and gentle bird, a name never came to us. When this first flock was down to just 2 chickens, my wife would say when looking for her, "Where is number 2?". The title/joke eventually stuck and became her name. If I could go back in time, I would have called her Survivor.

Thank you for this giveway ryansoh3 and Banggood!

Somrthinginteresting…….currently at a FGL Luke Bryan concert. Yes that means i still check BLF at an amazing concert :wink: Thanks Ryan

thanks ryan and nice thread idea :slight_smile:

browsing this guy’s review site is like drinking flashlights from a well :wink:

flashlight tests.de

I will share a piece of advice. When walking in the African bush at night, be SURE that your flashlight has useable batteries so that you can see what just made that sound not too far away! Sorry that the photo is not clearer, but it is hard to hold a camera and a flashlight at the same time, and keep both still, while wondering if you are next on the menu :bigsmile: .

This was not one of my most interesting encounters, but it was flashlight related :wink: .

Jim

Count me in!!

Count me in! I could use a new charger.

Interesting fact… Hmmm….

On wikipedia if you hit alt-shift-X it will take you to a random article. The very first time I tried it, I was at work, and it went somewhere with a funny name.

5-mind-blowing-facts-nobody-told-you-about-guns

Yay America :slight_smile:

i greatly enjoy this website for some reason
Not always working

For anybody looking for good 18650 batteries at a good price check this out

Count me in!
This isn’t flashlight related at all, but it’s certainly entertaining and hilarious.

Count me in on your giveaway. Thanks!

I like to collect the older historical lights.

For those BLF members not familiar with the history of flashlights, here is a valuable site where you can search for the value of your most recent flea market/garage sale flashlight discovery……

http://www.flashlightmuseum.com/

Here also is a fantastic book (still available?) about the Eveready history
http://www.flashlightmuseum.com/flashlight_view.cfm?item_number=0000001

Thanks for the giveaway, ryansoh3!

What if I took a swim in a typical spent nuclear fuel pool?

Would I need to dive to actually experience a fatal amount of radiation?

How long could I stay safely at the surface?

I’m in :slight_smile:
Interisting fact,
100% of divorces are caused by marriage J)

Cheers David

Why GPS eats so much battery power, explained by a Google engineer
Also why its so slow sometimes.

Anyone considering a inexpensive tv media player?
Cubox-i1 $45 (shipping in november) looks like it will be the best option at the price. XBMC media player. HDMI 1080p. 2 inches cubed. Wifi via usb.
Costs slightly more then a RaspberryPi but it can do a lot more. A few things it can do that RasPi can’t:
Runs android 4.2.2 (games) & std arm ubuntu.
USB that isn’t permanently a bit broken! Real ethernet (raspi is over usb).
Decode video in hardware without paying extra for codecs.
MPEG-2 MP, HP
VC-1 SP, MP, AP
MPEG-4 SP, ASP
H.263 V2 + Annex J, K (RS=0 and ASO=0), and T
H.264 BP, MP, HP
H.264-MVC BP, MP, HP
DivX v3,4,5
MJPEG Baseline
On2 VP8

I`m in thanks.

Interesting thing: if you are ready to change your tv i think now one of the best for the money is the lg la660s, impressive technological thing. The smarttv is sweet!. The remote control (magic control) is like the wii console.
(Lg don`t pay me nothing haha, i only share my tv investigation of tv models for buying).