Fenix E01 lost... worth replacing?

My 8 yr old daughter borrowed my purple Fenix E01 for a slumber party that she was at last night. Much to my surprise (not really) she lost it. :open_mouth:

I originally got it as part of the Fenix LD01/E01 gift set so it was essentially free. Although I was originally underwhelmed by the E01, it had grown on me. It is simple and dependable. Do you think that it is worth replacing?

I hadn’t really planned on getting any other AAA lights in the near term… I still have the Fenix LD01, Thrunite Ti, and the Preon P0. My next AAA was probably going to be another LD01 when they eventually upgrade the LED.

What do you think?

Thrunite Ti is the “go to” AAA light nowday. Much more efficient and two modes.

8)

Hi.
It is not very cheap. But I recommend it to all my friends, once you see it you fall for it. Olight I3S with the new xp-G2 LED.
https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/14654

I think the E01 fills a very specific role as a backup/ emergency/ if-all-else-fails type of light. Its reliability and near indestructibility make it uniquely qualified for that role - it's still the only light I know of where you can unscrew the head, dunk it in water, shake it dry, screw it back on, and will work as if nothing happened.

But for any other role, it is pretty underwhelming.

My experience was like Kreisler’s - It was probably the third “real” light I bought, in the gift set with the LD01. Switched on the LD01, and thought “that’s pretty good”. Switched on the E01, saw (just about) the purple, misshaped beam, and thought “that’s horrible!”. Thank god it was a purple one, so I instantly gave it to my wife, and gave away the mini-maglight in her handbag to a friend (to save weight, you understand - I’m all heart, me).

It may well be a great emergency light, but it could surely be so much better. Long runtime? I should hope so at 10 lumens. I don’t honestly think she has ever used it in the year she’s had it.

Why would anyone ..??

After enjoying the free after $3.50 shipping Coast mini tac as much as is feasibly possible .I understand fully hating a horrid purple 5.mm nichia. Woody gifting it to your wife is a guaranteed way to make sure she'll never run off with Marshall from Going gear.

I like a 17$ cnqgoods S1- SS blf light

The 13 Lumen 1xAAA Fenix E01 kinda reminds me of my circa 2004 71 Lux Inova 1xAA X1. I think it came bundled with an Inova X5T back then. Its single 5mm Nichia LED behind a small purplish lens throws a small crisply defined disc of light. As Kreisler described the E01… the X1 is also underwhelming. Built like a tank but still underwhelming. I understand the newer Inova X1 model has two modes and kicks out substantially more light but still, I’d be hard pressed to acquire either these days.

I can recommend You TANK007-E09 as a cheap and powerfull flashlight.
Small and pretty - that’s about it!

I was surprised and delighted with the 1xAAA Inova XS. It costs less than $20 and has 2 brightness levels. It has a real reflector and throws well.

I have several other 1xAAA lights, including several ARCs and Peak SS #8 Eiger and Matterhorns, and a Fenix LD01 in stainless steel. The Inova XS beam is a lot whiter than my greenish tint LD01 and it is much easier to twist.

I also have a ton of old 1xAAA 5mm LED flashlights and wouldn’t spend a penny on another as long as I could buy an Inova XS.

That little Inova XS is supposed to make 53 lumens on high and run an hour and 20 minutes, 6 lumens on lo and run 26 hours. For $24 at NiteIze. http://www.niteize.com/product/INOVA-XS.asp

Not bad. I’m surprised.