Fenix E35 Ultimate Edition (900 lumens)

Ouch!

I just googled and found pre-orders for $44.95 in I assume $US.

Considering the original E35 sells for $39.95, a price of $44.95 sounds fair enough for the UE. I have two E35s. I like the E35’s form factor and relatively short stature. The UE does improve the specs significantly, but becomes 14 milimeters longer than the original E35. It looks like the cooling fins make up most of the increased length.

One advantage of the new light should be a much broader hotspot. The original E35 has a very tight hotspot when used at close range. That narrow hotspot includes a fairly dim spill. The original E35 works well for long distance scanning.

The Convoy S2 and S2+ could be considered budget alternatives to the E35 or the E35 UE. They have similar dimensions, and can be tailored to have similar modes.

The E35 UE looks like a good new edition to the Fenix E series lineup.

I would also recommend the Convoy S8 as another alternative to the Fenix E35 at 1/2 the price and you can choose your emitter and driver.

I agree! My Convoy S8 is one of my favorite EDCs. Mine has XM-L2 T6 4C with Nanjg 105C and I swapped its MCPCB with a 16mm SinkPad. :slight_smile:

$39.99 at Banggood.

You my friend, good man good man.

I buying one now!

don’t forget BLF coupon code for –8% :wink:
grrr :expressionless: just checked, they upped the price to $44.79

:open_mouth: Right after I posted my reply, the next thing the price bump happened… Sad :_(

you can get one from www.fenixoutfitters.com for $40 and change with the coupon :slight_smile:
however they sold out now but you can pre order… the next shipping is 3/31

fixed your link…, www and an s on the end.

Not free shipping to Canada :frowning:

move to USA where you can get free shipping on most stuffs :smiley: but not free health care system :Sp

Don’t feel bad, it could be worse, I just found a bunch of interesting 2xAA and AAA maglite’s on amazon for good price too but damn amazon doesn’t ship anything to my country :expressionless: there is no way for me to buy mini maglite for decent price like this one or this one or litle solitair for 6$ :frowning:

maglite? what is that?? lol you mean people still buy those ? :bigsmile:

They still seem to be quite popular overseas. I guess it's because it's so much more expensive to them that makes them more rare.

I've sold over 120 of them overseas in the last 6 months. Mostly UK & Aus and few to SE Asia.

I knew I shouldn't have opened this thread. You guys got me on the Fenix website for 1/2 hour. It's a nice light. I then said out loud, "I don't need anymore lights" three times, closed the page and put my wallet back in backpocket. That was close Tongue Out

Oh, I see, you are testing yourself how long will you be able to withhold :bigsmile:

Guys, let’s throw some bets :stuck_out_tongue: I say 48h tops :smiley:

P.S. Maglites, especially in any other color than black or gray, are very rare here, I managed to get one and modify it with xml, that was enjoyable, thats why I would like to get blue or red, purple (incandescent bulb is going straight to bin)…… Black M2A mini maglite in hard box, delivered, is about $25 here and that is a bit too much to risk, modification is invasive job, it could end up badly, and I don’t want to risk 25$, THIS one is about US$230 :open_mouth: thats craaaaaazy.

You already won. I put my name down 2 days ago for Old-Lumens' group buy on the HD2010. Can't beat the price. Perfect candidate for an dedomed XM-L monster thrower!

https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/25377?page=1#comment-553194

It only achieves full power for as long as you hold the button.

I got in on the early order from the Fenix page. It was $41.35 and free shipping with discount code BF08. Arrived in a blister pack in a padded envelope, and the early order deal threw in four CR123A’s.

It works. I have to get used to the “hold the power button down for half a second to turn it on” thing. The burst mode is pretty damn bright, very floody. The thing that may turn some people off is that the flashlight turns completely off and then comes back on in burst mode. It stays there as long as you hold the button, then reverts to where it was before (without turning off first). You can enter burst mode even when it is off, just by holding the button down long enough, and when you let up, it goes back completely off. If you turn it on in normal mode, it remembers the last setting you were on.

For me, the 360 lumen high is likely sufficient but the ability to pump it way up with one press from any mode is good, if you do not mind it going completely dark for a fraction of a second first.