Fenix LD01 and Tank 007 e09 Run times

The Fenix has a much more efficient boost driver.

Uses less amps...on high.

Thanks, it a significant amount if you did not have access to batteries. I guess that is a factor in the cost differential of the two lights.
Jerry

This is why I only put flashlights with very efficient drivers in emergency kits. Picture yourself replacing a tire on the side of the road or some other repair. Half way through the repair, your flashlight runs out of power, and then you’re screwed. For EDC that extra bit of power doesn’t matter as much because you’re closer to all of your batteries—at least I am.

There’s plenty of budget lights with good drivers. For AAA lights, the Ti3 and I3S are two of my favorites. Both about $20.

I have both of those. The i3s has always been one of my favorites. I normally carry a Tank 007 e03 so I can give it away if needed.
Jerry

I recently obtained a fenix e12. Very happy with it. Like it better than mt thrunite T10t. Maybe the feel in hand, maybe the beam. The lowest mode is 8 lumens, which is higher than my preferred moonlight mode. Somehow even this did not bother me at all. I got it from amazon for $23.

I keep an E12 in my Bugout Bag as a backup to the 4 mode L10.

In regards to the Tank007 E09, does anyone know the run time on low and how many lumens on low? I can’t find a definitive answer. I’ve seen three hours and I’ve also seen 1060 minutes (different sites).

According to this massive review...

https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/5882

...the Tank007 E09 has a 16 or 18 hour runtime on low with an 800mAh AAA Eneloop.

EDIT: This review...

https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/8032

...says the Tank007 E09 has a 3 lumens low with a Nimh AAA battery.

Thank you sir. That was a rather long and indepth review with some good information. I found the official website linked in that review and it looks like there have been several generations of the light. Currently it looks like this:

Tank007 E09 website

120 lumens(33 minutes), 60lumens(95 minutes), 10lumens(1020 minutes)

This makes me feel better about the purchase. Having a lot of lumens is a nice thing but to be honest I’m more interested in long run times at lower settings. The review fairly matches the listed specs and it seems that Eneloop AAA and 10440 are very similar in run times overall. The 10440 had a run time on low of 14+ hours and the Eneloop 16-17 hours. Webiste lists 10 lumen low. This is comparable with the Fenix E05 (which I’ve ordered to give to my son).

Hi Dave,
I am running an e09 with an eneloop on low. Since I started at 0815 MST it will take awhile. The times stated are about what I have found, and in fact are slightly less. I will post probably tomorrow my results. I have never checked it on low.

Jerry

Appreciate it Jerry :slight_smile:

That will be interesting as I ordered an 8pk of Eneloop AAA yesterday.

I enjoyed his intense reviews, even though they were ultra detailed and required time to read.

Yes, kreisler does some great reviews.
Jerry

Hi D Dave,
I finally got the test on the e09 done. Here are results for Hi, Mid, Lo

Tank 007 e09 Hi
Eneloop 40min
Tenergy Pre 37min

Tank 007 e09 Med
Efest 10440 1hr 39min
Eneloop 1hr 43min
Tenergy Ce 1hr 45min

Tank 007 e09 Low
Eneloop 19 hr 06min

Glad you posed the question as to run time on Low mode. I had not tried it, and now that I have, I am impressed. The low mode is very usable for camping when you do not need a lot of light to shine in the eyes of monsters in the bushes at 50 meters.:slight_smile: I would not have guessed it would run for that long.

I gained a new respect for the Tank 007 e09.

Regards,
Jerry

Thank you for running the test Jerry. That’s pretty impressive with the Eneloop and 19 hours. That makes me feel even better about this purchase and I hope it arrives quickly. Respectable run time on medium as well. How warm did it get using the Efest 10440? I just got two of those in the mail yesterday along with the Ti3. It got warm on high but nothing terrible, though I haven’t run it yet for a long duration. Noticeable difference between the 10440 and a AAA though in brightness.

Thank you again, much appreciated. :slight_smile:

Hi Dave,
I enjoyed making the test. I like the 007 even more. I always liked it, but thought the run time compared to the Fenix LD01 was poor, and it took some “shine” off. But this made me more appreciative of the little light.
I recently got a Ti3, and a major reason was the firefly mode. I have an earlier Ti with the firefly, and wanted another so the Ti3 was it.

Take care,
Jerry

All my SHTF lights are AAA or AA and all of them are Fenix and have been for afew years now 1 of them is out of production But i have yet to find what i consider a viable replacement for it.

My AAA light is the Fenix LD02

High 100 Lumens / 45 min NiMH
Mid 25 Lumens / 4 h 15 min NiMH
Low 8 Lumens / 14 h 30 min NiMH

Excellent little light I have 3 of them one for me one for the missus and a spare I plan on getting one more as a spare.

The single AA light we use is the LD12

Turbo: 125 lumens / 2 hour 20 minute runtime NiMH
High: 65 lumens / 4 hour 45 minute runtime NiMH
Mid: 30 lumens / 10 hour 15 minute runtime NiMH
Low: 3 lumens / 100 hour runtime NiMH
Strobe: 125 Lumens NiMH
SOS: 65 Lumens NiMH

Using Eneloop XX 2500mAh batteries

Only have 2 of these and they are reserved for mine and the missus’s BOB’s again as money allows i plan on buy acouple of spares.

Now for the 2 X AA light we use Fenix LD25’s which have been out of production for acouple of years now.

Cree XP-G Neutral White LED (R4)

Group 1 is 180 lumen 1hr46min runtime / 45 lumen 13hr runtime
Group 2 is 85 lumen 6hr15min runtime / 3 lumen 74hr runtime
Group 3 is 85 lumen 6hr15min runtime / 45 lumen SOS flashing Rescuing mode 25hr runtime

Using Eneloop XX 2500mAh batteries

It has 3 different mode groups, which allow you to choose the best for your current conditions. The neutral white XP-G R4 has a high CRI, the smooth reflector gives good throw with good spill the best combination of any of my lights. I had 2 of these when i heard they where going out of prodution i bought 2 spares and a year later picked up a used one off ebay, yes i like the flashlight that much.

I EDC the Fenix E01 AAA on my keyring with a faxton clone, in my trousers knife pocket i carry the Fenix E11 AA light, on my belt ethier the Thrunite TN12 2014 or the Fenix PD35 2013.

The Fenix E12 has replaced the E11

High: 130 lumens - 1 hour 30 minute runtime
Mid: 50 lumens - 6 hour 30 minute runtime
Low: 8 lumens - 40 hour runtime

I only have one of these currently and the missus has it as her purse light, but i would recommend it if you are looking for a solid reasonably priced single AA light.

Racer nice setup have you ever considered adding boiled sweets, or dried dates bars. The sweets are good for quick energy and a moral boost and the dates slow release energy on the move. Also for the meds side Kirkland Signature Anti-Diarrheal 2mg 200 cap bottle and rehydration solution . My group ran a drill just after new year and acouple of people got stress diarrhoea, so we have added Anti-Diarrheal,rehydration solution and extra TP to our kits.

For those that wonder why be prepped Russian military planes disrupted UK aviation.

If you are the kind of guy that carries the LD12 in a bug out bag, then you should have some of these, if you don’t already.

You have some solid lights there.

https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10001913/1137300-translucent-aaa-to-aa-type-battery-converter

I got 30 hours on low with an original Ti, which I believe is 3 lumens.