Fenix PD32 v2.0

Ha, yeah, way more likely.

If it does work with unprotected cells that’s a pretty neat feature. Don’t need to worry about accidentally over-discharging.

I guess my light probably won’t get that low before I go to bed but I can continue the experiment in the morning

Hmm still very curious about this.

https://www.fenixlighting.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/Fenix-PD32V2-flashlight-runtime.png

That graph does not look like it kicks down to low when the battery is low, at least not from turbo mode.

Ok it kicked down to mid, but I was still able to put it back up to high. Interesting. Fenix livechat is online now so going to bug them :stuck_out_tongue:

Popped the cell out, just under 2.9v. Output is now the same on mid and high.

It did it! It kicked down to low and then I got three blinks. Just for fun i tried putting it up to high again and then it immediately kicked back down to low and then powered itself off. So I’d say this is pretty safe for unprotected cells.

Battery reads 2.93v with a multimeter. Nowhere near its full discharge voltage of 2.5v.

Total runtime was pretty bang on their quoted 2h 40min with a 3500mAh MJ1.

Fenix confirmed it was a mistake and they will get the information changed. I also pointed out that their low-voltage warning stuff works fine with non-Fenix batteries so it’ll be interesting to see if they change that too haha. I pointed it out and their response was “have a good day” XD

Just noticed this today, interesting loop design on the tailcap.

The lanyard still fits through either of them but it’s still odd.

That’s so the lanyard can go through both of those loops and not around the bottom of the light, so it can still tailstand without the lanyard unbalancing the light.

Ahh.

Wasn’t easy to get that back out through the second loop but yes thankyou that is pretty cool :slight_smile: I’m surprised they advertise tailstanding as a feature for this one because it’s really balanced quite delicately, the slightest knock on a table would send it over.

Another curious observation about this light - if you shake it up and down fairly hard the light cuts out momentarily as it’s moving. I suspect it’s something to do with the tailcap switch. My PD35 does not do this.

It’s definitely the tailcap switch. The tailcaps are interchangeable between both lights, if I put the PD35 cap on it doesn’t cut out when shaken hard.

If anyone else gets this I’d be curious to know if yours does the same thing.