Fenix TK15 Ultimate Edition XP-L HI V3 Looks Interesting ?

Came Across This Today, Looks Good But Maybe I’ll Wait For Some Reviews ?

I have to think a XPL-HI c8 with an FET driver will do that and more for 1/2 price. Was a couple for sale on this forum. Not sure if he still has any.

Yikes!

$21.95 for a single Fenix brand 18650 cell!!! YOUCH!

That said, the light looks interesting.

A C8 with XP-L HI and FET driver will smoke ANY stock light this size. But there’s no comparison, Fenix TK series lights are built like tanks and we’re talking about stock vs custom here…

Nice looking light.
I have an original XPG (R5)
337 lumens for 2 hours @11,592 CD for a throw of 215 meters

This new version does similar on the High setting for 4:20. More than double the run time!!
Plus you can crank it up to 1,000 lumens for 2 hours and a lot more throw.

May be time to retire the TK15 and replace it with a TK15UE

I would like to see some reviews though. Especially regarding the tint of the CREE XP-L HI V3 LED. Several other lights with this LED have reported nice white tints. But I’d still like to read a review or two before I buy!

I gonna guess it steps down very quickly from 1,000 lumens, and holds steady around 600 lumens,

Your guessing is wrong.
Here’s my review: [Review] FENIX TK15 Ultimate Edition (XP-L HI V3, 1x 18650 / 2x CR123a)
:sunglasses:

I was partially right.
Per your graph, it DOES step down quickly.
The point is, the max output runtime is misleading, as it always has been to those new to lights.

It is physically impossible to maintain the rated lumens for more than a couple minutes in a light this size without external cooling… Probably the only flashlight in the world to have a flat output in turbo is the nitecore EC4, thanks to 2S input and diecast aluminum unibody.

But I agree the runtime specs nowadays are misleading, except for a few brands such as Olight which states the time before step down and the output after it.

Does it step down? Isn’t this a normal curf, output is getting lower due to accumulated heat and lower voltage?
Some flashlight doesn’t have thermal control or has it but still doesn’t work well. That’s what I though.

You’re correct. I used “stepping down” loosely to describe the rapidly declining output soon after initial activation. My original response was to wjv who had commented that it might hold 1000 lumens for 2 hours.

Yeah… you better not to confuse a noob like me. lol