Fenix tk41 - 250 mt useful thrower ?

Hi

Im planning to buy a flashlight with side switch to keep watch on a 10 acres pond ( aprox 200 mt x 210mt ). I need a really bright flashlight to watch everything clearly at that range .
Recently I found tk61 ( $208 ) but some said it cant stay in turbo for long time . Also found tk75 ( 2600 lms ) @ 250$ .

Besides 18650 cells seems costly and rare in our locality .

Tk 41 is now in clearance sale ( @ 125$ ) with Nitecore EA8 at that range .

These flashlights are really costly for me but l need one as local flashlights cant reach at that range and I know very little about such flashlights .

So Please inform me if fenix tk41 can solve my purpose very well …

Also suggest me which one to buy for a long durable service .

Thank you .

What’s your location?

What AA’s do you plan to run?

Surely eneloop 2000 + mah .

Hey !
none to help with practical experience !!
strange !!!

this may be good starting point

Whoa - you got a dedicated thrower TK61 and a flooder TK75 that has some throw listed together as your choices. You seem to be leaning toward Fenix in all your choices. There are cheaper alternatives around for side switch lights, though the TK61 is king of throwers in this price range, and the TK75 is a great light. For the TK41, the specs look quite good for an AA based light.

Why do you care about local availability and cost for 18650's? I'm in NY, US and I can't find 18650's anywhere locally and I have a ton of 18650's - all ordered online from China and local US online retailers 3,000 miles away.

There's a bunch on info in this thread: https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/23282 on throwers.

I'd recommend this:

Yezl Y3 from here at WallBuys - side switch, can use one 26650 or one 18650 cell, throws well at 62.6 kcd stock, which is a 500 meter range, details of the light as purchased here (stock form) in post #77: https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/24076

Are you for real? if some lights can run long time on turbo its the TK61/Fenix TK75….especially the TK61.

Dear friends
Just inform me whether fenix tk41 ( 860 lms ) can light up the range brightly or not .

@ gadabout , Thank you for your help . I have read it but want to know clearly about fenix tk41 .

Sorry, can't help then. No experience with the TK41, and "brightly" is very subjective - up to one's opinion. I'm sure it's not a very popular light here - this is a budget forum. If any owners could chime in, that would be great.

Hi, buy BTU Shocker for 90$ here…

bgf156 coupon code, use it. its around 3000 + lumens, and have very good throw.

I think most throw ratings are far more than is actually usable. While the tk41's rating says it's good for about 400 meters, with 60k lux I wouldn't want to use it much past 100 meters. Since you want to see clearly at 210 meters, I'd go with something that's both much brighter and has far higher lux. The BTU Shocker that was just recommended is a good choice. You would have a hard time finding a brighter light that throws as well and can handle heat as well. It'll be a lot better if it's modified for greater lumens and lux. Tom E just did a good write up of how to modify the BTU Shocker so you could buy the parts yourself and modify the light at much lower cost than having someone modify and ship the light to you.

As Tom E said, order 18650's online from China. A set of 18650 for the BTU Shocker will cost about the same as Eneloops for the tk41, and good chargers for 18650's are usually cost much less than good nimh chargers.

If Eneloops are the only battery you'll consider, than the tk41 is probably your best bet. Fenix has focused harder on good flashlights that use AA's than any other company, but just because the tk41 is the best AA thrower available doesn't mean it'll be good enough to do what you want.

I work with a guy from Bangledesh and he says it's difficult to get quality electronics there - everything is a cheaper grade from China. Dunno - maybe India has the same problems - maybe tariffs, import taxes, unreliable shipping, etc.

I dont know, they have a pretty good reputation for delivery services. Dabbawala - Wikipedia

Tiffin anyone?