Finally got my Curio Cabinet

You probably mean a flashlight. But I'll show you a nice one I killed in the spring of 2010 here close to me on public ground.

24lbs 1 and 1/4" and 1 and 1/8" spurs 9 and 1/4" beard

those guys spending 5k must really hate turkeys

I’m in!!!

That was funny though about hating turkeys. There is some funny folks here on this forum.

Nice job Brad!!!!!!!! Send me a turkey sandwich. Hold the mayo.

That's a good size meal....:)

When we get the girl getting her dad a curio cabinet we can then call you all, "The Three Curio Muskateers".

As long as you're showing trophy pictures, I thought I would add this one. I shot him with a Thompson Center 54 cal muzzle loader that I built from a kit using a 54 cal. round ball. I wrote an article that got published in a magazine and this is a picture of the photo in the magazine. He has a 32" outside spread. 7 points on one side and 8 on the other.

0%

This is what he looks like today on my wall.

They better hurry up, because until then they are Bi-Curios...

That's a nice mulie David. I better not ask you how old that picture is.

That's a pretty good one! LOL!

that deer was monstrous. congratulations, what a trophy!

i bet he tasted like an old pair of shoes though :)

I never tasted an old pair of shoes but I didn't eat him anyway. I gave him to my dad. I ate so much venison growing up kind of got sick of it. My dad loves venison and that's ok with me. I much prefer elk to deer and I mostly gave my deer to my family.

ILF. Yes that was a long time ago. I shot him with a muzzle loader so that was before center fire rifles were invented. Just kidding. 1989 to be exact. That was back in the days when I used to do a lot of big game guiding. Wish I still looked like that. That is my biggest mule dear. He scored 213 B&C points if you score him nontypical but with the deductions he only scored 183 typical B&C points. Still, he would go fairly high in the muzzle loader record book if I chose to enter him. I have a couple of archery bucks that make the Pope and Young book. Nothing really great but one still scored 173 P&Y points. It takes 145 to make the books.

BTW: He is bigger than he looks. It's almost 27 inches from ear tip to ear tip. He was a big desert mulie with huge ears. I didn't think he was that big when I shot him because I guessed his ears to be 23-24 inches wide.

Now if I can only find some old pics of my guns and hunting trips in Alaska.

Get to diggin!