Finally joined

Sorry about this screw up.
Can someone show me how to make a new post.

Thnx guys appreciate the warm welcome. More I fumble around the more I find this is perfect place to feed my LED addiction for REALLY CHEAP lol.

Beamshots: Give me the “forum standard” camera settings (I use my phone but has some advanced settings I dont know how to use)

Heat sink: Ya corners suck, its helmet light though. BUT I actually rounded the fins now to give it more of a “bug” or “alien” look lol. I got hit those corners with my dreme at some point but working on an adapter for bottom half of gopro mount. Finned base for more heat sink ability.

Welcome to the forum. Found my way here from mtbr a few years ago. Ima ww so I wouldn’t do this but sporting some nicer fins would be nifty. Suggestions:
Jaguar head ornament
Bat wings
Mercedes bullseye
Metal feathers
Laser range finder

:beer:

Ok those a little big but ill see what I can find, lol. Wanted something a little bigger for when it get hot out but nothing too crazy, but wth, as long as it ain’t heavy (this thing is my helmet light).

Oh and found a cool toy, luxmeter app for my phone. Seems fairly accurate and based on emitter output for set up lumens come back right, 2272 iirc and at 90% power (where I have high programmed)

OK beam shots as requested. These are on new optics, but not sure how I like them, didnt tighten up beam as much as I was hoping, I got a selection (carclo from LED supply) so maybe go dual spot optics instead of 1 spot, one wider spot (ringed version/medium spot)

Bear with me on the pics, still trying to figure out advanced settings on my phone. Just downloaded the app just gotta figure out how to set it correctly for this.

The beam shots is awesome… can’t believe how much light is coming out from that tiny light… definitely thinking about getting one for the bike… is that yinding light? is that so, I have coming from GB :smiley:

Welcome from Hawaii!

no its not yinding, its the kaidomain copy of the yinding (got it off amazon) and stock it wont put out that much,lol. This thing is heavily modded (see above). Yinding can accomplish same thing, and Im getting a yinding in a couple weeks. Only real difference is removable face plate (makes optics easir to deal with and less moding work required for heat management) and wire comes out off to one side instead of center. I got this as a play with light (and my commuter light broke needed a new one ASAP, gotta love Amazon Prime,lol).

Welcome aboard! :)

You will be much appreciated here. We have only a small handful of bikers here (I'm only a casual biker) but we seem to be putting more energy into bike lights. It might help that many of them also make great headlamps too (if one can figure out a less cumbersome power supply pack).

Wow. Awesome. Why dont I have those skills…Grrrr :slight_smile:

I’m gonna actually make a thread on this go through my whole process since these are available cheap on amazon (unlike yinding) cause theirs many of these out there, be good info from basic thermal management fix to was far as ive gone now.

Welcome, Welcome!! We are glad you joined us. Strap yourself in, get ready to have the blast of your life!

Jump right in, find a topic your interested in and join the conversation! Have fun!

Well, well, look who is here! Didn't noticed before. Welcome to the spending site tigris99

Ledoman, I thought u realized I have been over here too the last few weeks too lol :stuck_out_tongue:

Welcome and cool idea! My wife and friends were singing Karaoke last night and shooting pics/ videos I envisioned something along this line to place some nice even floody light. You wouldn’t happen to have a link to Vancbikers adapter would you?

Welcome to BLF tigris99! Glad you joined (and sorry for the belated welcome).

(Tigris99 is known for doing some wild & crazy mods over at MTBR. Must be the medication he's on!)

-Garry

Hi and welcome tigris99. Love the mod. Looks like the parties at your place. Be there soon.

Sorry for the delay replying, been busy, back to work etc.

Garry, ya basically the meds, stuck at home unable to ride, need a way to keep busy.

For vancbikers mount, have to pm him on mtbr to order best I know. That’s how I got mine.

Heres a test ride on the lights finally. Nice to get back on 2 wheels again even if its only short rides and mostly pavement.

> adapter for bottom half of gopro mount. Finned base for more heat sink ability.

Please give that a topic all its own when you can give details?

Adding more fins to flashlights has always seemed like a good idea to me.

But then, I favor the “ray gun cooling fins” approach …