[Finished] 5. Batch "TA" Bistro HD OTSM/Narsil drivers, 15-47.5mm size fit H03, MF01, MT03, Q8 1S or 2S, Clicky or E-switch

Will the Q8 driver be able to handle 6x 219C’s D260 with 6x LG F1L (low drain) cell?

What would be the maximum 7135 regulated current?

The new Infineon MOSFET can handle 100A nomproblem there

Full bank of 7135s provides 5.6A linear regulated output

Not sure about the light you want to build but with 6 cells my Buck drivers should be the proper option
It can handle up to 6S input voltage
The best option would be 3S/2P battery to 2S/3P LED

Okay sounds good about the solder.

I don’t have resistors on hand so having them already installed would save a ton of hassle.

Hello Lexel,

I’d like to order 3 drivers with Narsil firmware for Skillhunt H03’s, with springs and indicator switch set up. Please PM me cost.

Hi Lexel; How to go about purchasing for your MCPCB to replace Astrolux S42 - with your Narsil driver?

New here on this forum and modding but have some mechanical/electrical abilities. Do have a BLF Q8 and truly enjoy the interface.

He will contact you through a PM personal message) with the order details and how to pay.

There is more info on S42 here.

Is there any way to wire the H03 button without removing the switch cover, or is that the easiest way to do it?

You can unsolder H03 switch wires fron driver and put it on new driver

Yes but the driver I received has a wire for the indicating LED already - I’m guessing that has to be connected to the button directly

You can simply connect both wires and insulate the connection

The switch cover cen be removed easily

Lexel, I consider you a driver guru. Can you look at these 2 drivers and tell me if they are the same basic design? (They are from the Haikelite MT09R)

The lower one is a FET and I think 3 channel, based on the Texas Avenger design. It powers 3 xhp70.2 to 15k lumen with 6v battery wiring.

The top one is an unknown design. It uses 12v battery wiring and powers 3 xhp35-HI for 6k-7k lumen. Maybe this is a 1 or 2 channel FET driver? No one knows for sure. We heard that spring bypasses bumped it from 6k to 7k lumen. The basic layout looks identical to the lower one.

The XHP35 driver seems to run only on a FET 12V in DD, maybe they added a resistor on the MCPCBs to limit current
the XHP70 on TA FET + 15+1 AMCs 6V

for the XHP35 I have a good buck driver

I don’t think your buck driver can do 6A at 12v, can it? I think it was maxed at 3A. So running 3 of the xhp35 at 1A each would not really push them very hard. I’m guessing this is why they went with the inefficient FET design.

On the plus side, people that have these lights and are getting very low output might be able to change out the current limiting resistor to boost output.

I would like to order :

One 17mm 1S Bistro HD OTSM with only one AMC7135
One 20mm 1S Bistro HD OTSM with only one AMC7135

Thanks

Hi.
I’m a bit confused with all the firmware choices.
I’m planning on going with just a e-switch.
What are my options?
Thanks Richard.

Basically, Bistro is for clicky switches and NarsilM is for e-switches.

I think someone made it possible to use Bistro on an e-switch. I’m not sure about that, though.

Are your boost drivers available for clicky lights? Or only for e-switches?

Boost drivers will be availiable fr both clicky and e-switch

Also in 21mm H03 size?

yes I will have a 20-22mm size that can be sanded down to H03 21mm
not sure if the higher inductor will fit the H03, have to measure it out