[Finished] 5. Batch "TA" Bistro HD OTSM/Narsil drivers, 15-47.5mm size fit H03, MF01, MT03, Q8 1S or 2S, Clicky or E-switch

Mod’s all done in my H03 and it all works great! My only complaint is I seem to be getting some coil whine/PWM noise on mid levels? Is this a known issue? Are there any ways to prevent this?

PWM frequency should be around 20kHz, there is no coil that could whine, on the buck or boost drivers this is a common thing

Okay, so what could I be hearing? It’s silent on turbo and the lower levels, but around 50% to 80% (very rough guesses) it’s squealing at me.

the current is switched by the FET mostly at this level, its a drop from 0 to open FET
Maybe the driver is a bit loose or the cables cause it

Ok thanks, I’ll take another look at it and make sure everything’s in there right. Also, someone on Reddit pointed out that there’s no LDO on my sample, is that supposed to be empty?

LDO is only needed for 2S versions, as well as 2 resistors as voltage divider
1S needs only the diode and chip reads voltage from supply

That didn’t seem to fix it. I posted an image on Reddit and some users suggested the BR and zener might have been connected by mistake?

The driver looks fine

There was discussion few years ago about this phenomena,I think conclusion was it was mainly because of tiny sparks(arcs) created at spring-battery contacts because of PWM, similar to arcs created in mechanical switch after turn on/off. It would be interesting to see this with slow motion camera.

You think the spring couple be the culprit?

Stiffer springs may reduce noise level.

Is this thread still open for orders? Looking to buy a couple drivers for my H03 please.

No, it’s closed.

Here is the new thread.

Thanks.

Hello Lexel,

I would like to order a 22mm driver with Narsil the latest firmware for a SkillhuntHO3 headlamp.

Thanks

New thread is listed a couple posts up

What do you mean?

Sorry, isn’t this thread closed? New one is here ?

Oh, I didn’t see this was the older, closed thread.

Thanks for the link, sent PM to Lexel