Fire, fire, fire...

Its all 100% original and sellers reputable too ;))

Did you know Andrew Sachs (who played the Spanish waiter “Manuel” in the sitcom “Fawtly Towers”) actually sustained 2nd degree (chemical) burn wounds in this scene?

Wow, i did not know, thanks for mentioning that, it makes you question the ethics watching the scene again.

I saw the first episode (or two) of Fawlty Towers, but it did not appeal to me.

What was the initial cell voltage?

What charger and what were your charge settings?

500mA max charging current.

I have a few questions.
Did the charger indicate that it was full?
If not were you checking on things because it was taking longer than normal?
How long was it on the charger?
How low do you normally allow the voltage to go to, and what do you think the voltage was at when you started this charge cycle?
What charger was this?
What voltage does the charger normally shut off at?
Probably should change the title to hot hot hot.

Cell was 3.71V . That was voltage on charger screen when I put cell in. Turbo in my ZL was dropping, so I took cell out for charging.
Charger indicated “END” on display. As usual does.
I didn’t measure time, but I check charger every 15-20 min if charging is finished or not.
Mike

I have a few MJ1,s and about 8 Imren 3500 that mooch seems to think are rewrapped MJ1. And they do look identical. I typically charge around 3.7v also. Always at 1 amp. I check on things frequently and when I see the amp load get down to 0.3a or so I normally pull it off the charger. The voltage will usually be around 4.05 at that time. I suppose this could happen to any battery but yeah I guess we all need to be more careful.
Things like this are why many bigger names want to use protected batteries in their lights. And possibly why some hot rods are only sold without batteries.

Maybe that’s why LG had the whole anti-bare cell thing a while ago. Because they sell defective cells that self destruct.