Fireflies E07 arrived with no rear tail spring. Help.

So I ordered it and waited a month only for me to put the battery in and due to no tail spring it has loose contact very loose. I have tried to contact fireflies about this via email. They don’t accept DMs on Twitter. And they won’t reply to my emails. I’m not sure what to do at this point. I have this nice looking black flashlight with my favorite emitter that I can’t use. And the company will not get in touch with me.

I guess I just wanted you guys to know to be careful with them as they do not have any sort of customer support it seems.

Unless one of you know a better way. But just the fact that I’m 7 emails in and 2 weeks later and have heard nothing from them already has me very annoyed. How do I get my money back how do I get a replacement tail cap? That’s really all I wanted was a replacement but if I have to wait a month for it I would much rather just get my money back considering how long it’s been and still I’ve heard nothing from them.

Anyone? :frowning:

wow sorry to hear their quality and customer service have not improved and got better still, i would just do a paypal dispute its the only thing that works sadly. goodluck.

i guess u can ask someone to solder the tail for u or order from usa someone maybe has? not sure where tho maybe someone here from usa can help u what to do ?

Their quality control is a hit and miss. Excellent performing lights but the QC is a big problem. At least you didn’t receive just a head in a box like me. I used to be a dealer but ditched it after my first bulk order was a disaster.

There’s a guy complaining on their Facebook page of an E07 with dings over the bezel, no resolution after 5 weeks.

I will add that my customers absolutely loved the Fireflies models but the biggest worry is the lack of customer service. Good communication is huge for a dealer if a customers flashlight dies and I need a replacement part.

Re : shipping

The shipping time isn’t Fireflie’s fault though.These things happen on any brand you may purchase, it’s just part of ordering from overseas. If a replacement tail cap is sent, you need to be understanding and wait for it. If you don’t get a reply soon though, then you open a PayPal dispute. At least that light you received is fixable, take it down to an electronics store and ask then to install a spring with a bypass wire (show them a pic of a bypassed spring)

The thing is it’s just upsetting that they have zero customer service. Like none whatsoever unless it comes to advertising. Then they have people working all over that… but if a flashlight breaks how will they even fallow through on their warranty? I find it crazy that a company as big is them and who just came out with a new line of flashlights has absolutely no one in their non existent customer support. I bought the light brand new.

So your right I will file a dispute and then see if I can figure out what spring I would need to use. If anyone has any ideas on the size or type I would appreciate it. I do have two other fireflies flashlights and on one of the the aux lights 3 of them died within a week. I wanted to send it back for repair but again no one replied to me. This was like 6 months ago and still no replay after I don’t even know how many emails I have sent them.

But thank you for the advice. Just as far as the size and gauge, any tips on what would be a he best way to go about it? Go with copper or? I’m still new to this and I haven’t modded anything flashlight related.

Dang yeah that’s horrible. You would have thought they would have got it down by now. I find you either get a great light from them or a bad light. It’s never in between. Thankfully my ROT66 Gen2 seems to be ok but I have not yet got to test it.

Check your spam.
If I get ignored I just default to charge back after a week or so. Pre paid return labels only

You could try contacting Brayn Gear, the US distributor. It’s a different company but they were offering on Reddit to try help some people resolve issues with FF factory purchases.

From where did you purchase the E07? First point of resolution is the seller. Then manufacturer.

Link to mine, also with no tailcap spring. It does fit and work just fine with flat top, unprotected cells such as the Samsung 50E and 40T.

I still have no resolution with mine, still no response from Neal after 9 weeks.

Fireflies contacted me but now giving me the run around, also lied on three occasions where they said they would mail a replacement unit to me. Nothing has arrived, no shipping notification, no response to my communication with them.

I have been treated appallingly by both parties and will no longer do business with them and I highly recommend no-one do business with them until they honour basic customer service practice.

I think you need to use a battery with a spring on it. This must have been made at the end of an Chinese 18 hr sweat shop shift.

It has a driver spring for a little give so maybe drop a little solder on the tail board.