FireFlies e07 original- re-release!

the more I use the E07x the more I hate the optic. The original one is at least a big fat "hotspot". The new one isn't that much more throwy but a lot less useful. It's just feels like it's not good at flood or throw.

I didn’t know I wanted copper until I actually got it. I had been wanting a brass light for EVER! But once I fell for the 219B’s, I just couldn’t bring myself to buy a D4v2 in brass only to have to downgrade myself in emitter quality to do so. Then I figured, I love my E07, and I HAD been eyeing the Brass E07 since it was still in stock at the US Warehouse. So why not just go with that one as my premium metal light. Problem was that when I finally decided to pull the trigger on it, brass E07 was no longer available at any warehouse. That led me to copper, so I reevaluated and read up on it more seriously… Turns out it’s way better except for it being softer. So I gave the D4v2 a look again now in copper, problem was it cost $20 more than brass, so it would be a minimum of $100 and still would come with inferior emitters and output. So this made my choice easy and decided that all things considered, the Copper E07 was my best option. Damn was I lucky it dragged out and happened this way because the Copper E07 is a special treat that I can’t imagine being without now. I had to buy a second one. It looks like a retro and futuristic steampunk lightsaber made with ultra luxurious high quality craftsmanship. Plus I have dropped it so so hard and while this does dent differently than other metals, it’s a tank that keeps on ticking. And those hard hits, now actually look pretty badass instead of just nasty scraped metal. Scrapes and dings have an almost statue-like bronzing effect that becomes a part of the lights unique character. I also LOVE that this is a coated copper and that too was a surprise. It is a chameleon metal that is always changing forms. It’s almost like a pearl finish that no other light matches without some form special anodizing. It can get all rainbow irritated on you, or it can get ultra rosy like a popping rose gold. It can turn red like a wine. I can’t believe how seriously awesome it is. I was not crazy about an oxidized light. I love the green look but it didn’t seem like something I’d want in my pocket all the time next to other objects or just letting off it’s sediment.

I seriously don’t want or mean to purposely blow up your wallet, this just happens to be my grail light. I’ve seen many many copper lights and some look pretty cool, but none strike me as having such an all-around badass yet effortless design like the E07 in copper does. It’s a classic through and through. (Buck driver or not). Only other one I’ve seen that looks cool enough to sit next to this light is some spiney radiator-like copper Oveready I saw posted somewhere. I honestly can’t say enough good things about this light. Everything about it good or bad when compared to other lights is still good enough for this one to win in my book, that’s why it’s my preferred EDC. Next step up for me is the one you mentioned too, the E12R.

Damn dude, you have a way woth words.x you make me want this light in copper bad. I may be buying it now. Thank you! It always helps tk hear someone you know has good taste in something, rave about a product and how much it's overall quality impressed a d surprised them. Thank you for sharing !

I’ve added this to cart sooo many times and then had a reality check when I see the total from adding XPL or 219b, copper and DHL to Australia. I’m due to do my taxes soon so maybe if I get a decent refund but MrsSillen wants a new kitchen and I have to agree with her that ‘our’ torch fleet is more modern than our original 1986 kitchen cabinets.

You are describing literally how I was with the Brass E07. What put me over the top then was a Brass one I saw with Red AUX that someone posted. It looked so awesome, but I was too late. Missed out on that but I don’t feel like I missed out anymore. Copper is my first choice period now.

Anyway, the reason I’m responding, is to tell you that you should email Jack and ask if he can give you a coupon for your next order. Tell him you’ve been eyeing the Copper and he might hook it up. I got 10% OFF my last order which added up to almost $40 bucks that time. Either way, even on one light it’s like getting a free battery or fast shipping for cheaper. Can’t hurt to ask.

Yes, definitely i got the 10% coupn by asking too.

Lojik - how do you know what aux lights you will get?

Do you just ask Jacky after you order? I want the red ones!

Is this the light you guys are talking about:

https://www.ff-light.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=57

haha yea.. my wife wife wants a new kitchen too. definitely gonna damper my flashlight fund, for a year!

Also - you can choose the "free china post" option i believe. thats what i always select, saves me $20 on my orders. I'm OK waiting a month to save shipping costs! I wont (ever again) go with an emitter i dont like to save $20 , but shipping is different lol.

mayyyybe ;)

Yes, just ask Jacky to do them for you. He said he had green, red, orange, purple and blue. Maybe one more but you can ask. I ordered my second one with red but they sent purple instead. I have heard that happening to others so I’m not too sure it hits 100% of the tine… Jack offered to send a red aux board but I was good on that. For one I don’t know how to change that. And two, I think I ultimately like the purple more anyway. I still think reds would look awesome in this metal tho.

cool! Thanks for the info! Yea that sucks to get something different.. but changing it out (removing aux board) isn't terrible but not the easiest mod I've ever done either lol

I always wanted the copper e07 with osram LEDs and red aux lights but never saw that combination for sale. Ended up with a gray aluminum one with osram and red instead. Still one of my favorite lights.