Fireflies E07 preview

For 5 minutes - maybe

Dale is going to start the new year with 100 broken promises it looks like

I gifted the PL47 that got here just before Christmas to my Son-in-Law, so this is technically MY first Fireflies and MY first Luminus SST-20’s. I’ve seen some impressive measurements using the 30T, what’s to mod?

Got’s to have that third screw……so lets hack that optic leg off… :person_facepalming:

Jeez it’s so sad…… it’s funny! :smiley:

Besides, I have enough stress in my life, if they mangled something inside the head of my beautiful clear anodized purple aux FF I don’t even want to know….

My E07 with SST20 isn’t great tintwise (~duv +0.0050 on the 7135 channel, +0.0020 near max). The spectrum is very nice though and that little green is easily fixable. Even as is it’s visually not as green as most CRI90 4000K 219Cs.
219B version is identical in tint and CRI to the ROT66 I tested earlier.

Probably going to be my favorite flashlight. The clear ano version is gorgeous.

SST20

219B R9080

That aux board looks almost like a driver….

Indeedio. Interesting to see how the 219B and SST20 stack up after fixing the latter. Probably gonna need something stronger than the eighth.

Maukka, are we going to get a detailed review from you later? :laughing:

I’m disappointed with a DUV of 0.0048. That is very green. It’s more like a FB4 instead of FA3 tint bin. I wish FF can get some FA1, FA4, FD1, FD4 tint bin and J5 flux bin. If that is the case, there’s no need for the 219B 9080.

Maybe the E07 optics affect the color. My PL47 with SST20 4000K, at full power: 3872K, Duv –0.0010 and reaches 2520 lumens.

what’s the cheapest device to get a decent measure for CCT/CRI/DUV in a flashlight?

I put an 804 on my SST20 4000ks on my ROT66 and…the 219Bs never get any use! Even without the minus green filter, I could tell that they had tremendous red rendering.

maukka what tail readings are you getting for the 219B for a specific battery type? I suspect it may be able to draw enough to bring a 219B into the “downward” part of the output curve but probably not enough to actually kill one of the LEDs, is that correct?

Nichia 219B w/ ice blue + purple aux

Measured 21.xx amps w/ this medium-high drain battery that Vapcell rates at 24A

FWIW, my screws were in the right place and all 4 optic legs in tact. I didn’t realize the pic was out of focus till I put it back together.

That’s great to hear, so it is sw45k? looking forward to getting mine, also in clear ano.

Enjoying mine. XPL-HI 5000k. Love the mild diffuser on it. Right click and “view image” for full size. Taken with a Samsung Galaxy S9 phone, timer set to 5 seconds, on a cell phone mount, mounted on a tripod.

Though I’m more of a 4000k-4500k person, the 5000k makes the ice look “neutral” white. Very nice.

does anyone have in their possession this light with this emitter: 7x SST20 4000K NW CRI95

I have one coming and want to know what the tint looks like :slight_smile: Please be kind, or not. Is it floody? I like floody! Hot spot? Thanks!

Nice folks, very nice! Making the wait for my clear ano with blue/purple and SST-20 95 CRI that much harder to deal with …

Hope they do my aux lights like yours contactcr, really looks good! I think I asked for purple on the outside and the inner ring ice blue, can’t remember exactly, but yours really does “shine!” :smiley:

Edit: Looked up my order and see that I ordered 5000K SST-20’s, also while I did ask for blue and purple aux I didn’t specify the arrangement, so I guess I have a mystery package coming. :wink: