Fireflies PL47G2 Discussion Thread

Did you build the firmware yourself or did you use a hex file ? I remember seeing a repository of some recent hex builds but I can’t seem to find it again.

Hex file, I got it from here

Excellent, thank you.

I see that the PL47G2 is listed as sold out on ff-light.com awaiting gen 3. Any word on when gen 3 will be out, or what features it might have? I’d love to see a constant current driver + RGB aux, but that might be dreaming.

Damn, lots a renovating going on over at FF. Lotsa new.

Just had a PL47 G2 die after 10 months. Went bright, switch not responding, became too hot to remove battery until smoke started to come out resulting in its death. Bit scary having these on your head if there’s a chance of these failures happening.

The battery actually vented? Wonder what caused it to happen

Spectacular and dangerous failure :open_mouth:

I have one PL47 G2 with LEDs flickering between a higher and lower level a bit at turbo and nearly turbo levels, otherwise, at lower modes, it is working fine.

I used to be a dealer for Fireflies, but decided to just refund buyers instead of going through the replacement process. Replacements were only offered with my next order which was a hassle. As a shop I need replacements sent as I need them, not with a new order. I stopped being a dealer as the QC issues were too much on my first and only order. I’m not knocking Jack or Fireflies as the service was just fine, it was the product that had one too many issues that I ended up selling most off at near cost or at a loss.

Spoke with two other dealers and they haven’t experienced the same problems, so maybe I received a bad batch of every single model? One E01 was just a dead head in the box without a body lol who packed my order! Had switches with aux lights not working, stiff switches, sharp battery slots cutting wraps I had to sand down, firmware’s different to what was specified, orings getting cut (replaced with smaller Convoy orings), two faulty E01’s, scratches, magnetic tail caps with glue overflowing down the side etc etc etc

In all fairness it was during Covid when everything was a real mess, but as a dealer and first time order you’d think it would have been packed/checked with a little more care.

I just got my first Firefly light PL47 G2 a few weeks ago after months waiting they said it had been returned to them for some reason. After all that wait turn it on and one led is not working right it is half the brightness as the others. So I have a triple not a quad or a 3.5 emitter not a 4.0 emitter.

Sent them a photo they got back to me fast and asked for a video. So hard to take a video of three bright emitters and one dull one but did my best been a few days now no response yet.

!!

Looks like a new G2 2021 version is back in stock: Fireflies PL47G2 2021 version

I’ve been waiting for the new PL47 for a while, but I’m just going to buy another ZL H600.

Android 2 and Lume drivers have been in every new light, but it looks like this one still uses Anduril 1, and there’s no mention of an efficient driver in the description at all. I would think a headlamp would benefit the most from the new drivers. Hopefully they just haven’t had time to update the product page.

I’ll report back when mine comes in and compare with my previous G2. Might even compare with my 600 C and 600 FC

Just like to update on my post above #111 Firefly took care of the warranty was happy with the service.
Looks like I will order one of these new version’s.

Thanks for the update.

Jack updated that due to component shortage buck driver is delayed to Oct. I saw chips in stock, so might be shipping time or lead time or both

PL47 Mule edition has been added: https://www.ff-light.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=64&product_id=83

I just got my Fireflies PL47G2 2021 version. It works fine, however a small thing I noticed is that it seems that one of the LEDs die is smaller (top right on the images). It’s kinda strange but it’s visible with the light on or off. I was not expecting this, is this normal?

Looks like the optic is not fully seated on the mcpcb so one emitter is out of position. The bezel is pressed on, so you can’t take it off to fix that. If you’re okay with that leave it alone, otherwise do a warranty exchange.

I’ve come to realise I vastly prefer 90° lights for EDC purposes. I like the ‘pistol’ grip style when handheld and the fact that when tailstanding or attached to a surface with the tailcap magnet the light can be oriented any way perpendicular to its axis, whereas a straight light will always point perpendicular to the surface. When working inside an electrical panel, a 90° light with magnetic tailcap is the literal bee’s knees.

Fireflies, my friends, please don’t give up on the PL47. When a PL47 Pro comes out, with Lume1, RGB aux and USB charging, I’ll be ordering at least two.