FireflyLite E12R 12*emitters 15000LM 1x21700 Flashlight

You’ve obviously not seen any light painting photography then. Check out the insta link in my signature.

Very nice thank you well worth the diversion.

Not a gimmick. I use my floody flashlights for indoor photography for work. I use it several times a week when doing inspections. Currently I pocket the KR4 E21A version for this purpose but will be replacing it when I get the NOV-MU which will be much better suited for the task with the longer lasting 21700 cell, more efficient driver, and the better situated emitters that should give it a wider and less obstructed spill.

When I first started, I use conventional reflector flashlights and the light just blows out the image. It was horrible. The E21A mule works really well and allows the pictures to retain great detail.

The NOV-MU will also piss over the popular (and overpriced) LumeCube photography light in terms of lumens output. The LumeCube will probably still have better waterproofing and can be remotely controlled though.

Any opinions between SST20 4000k, lh351d 4000k and 219b 4500k?

I figure the light will be very floody to start, so was thinking the added throw of SST20 with better color rendering is a better option over the LH351d.

On the other hand, I don’t like green tint and SST20 goes green at lower modes.

219b has no green, but it’s also 4500k, whereby I usually prefer 4000k.

What have people been ordering?

I haven’t ordered any of the Fireflies lights but I personally love the 219b 4500k and would choose that LED everyday and twice on Sunday.

The LH351D is known to be the greenest of the bunch but is the brightest and highest efficiency. If you never experienced a 219b sw45k, I would recommend this option. The tint and color rendering is absolutely beautiful.

Thanks for your feedback.

I just learned something new. 219b has a nearly identical throw potential to SST20. 219c is about 30% more floody than 219b. Lh351d has 1/3rd the throw of SST20/219b all else being equal.

How did FF get there hands on so many 219b’s?

I didn’t know the 219b throws the same as SST20. I thought SST20 have higher intensity. The LH351D is definitely more floody and greener. FF also have the best SST20 4000k bin I’ve ever seen. The FA3 bin is as rosy as it gets for SST20. Still no match for the supposedly discontinued 219b sw45k.

The SST20 can be driven harder, essentially making it able to throw more than the 219b. Based on multiple data sheets of Carclo optics I reviewed, the 219b is consistently nearly identical in cd/lumen to the SST20.

What kind of attiny chip new driver use? What should I put in -p key for avrdude (like -p t1634 for Emisar)?

ATtiny1634 is what the driver uses.

Thank you for your answer!

I don’t see config files or build targets available for these models. I would be careful if you are making your own even if it may be similar to the lume1.

I see that NCASE in the background!

received shipping notice

haha, I am in the middle of installing a custom water cooling setup, so the sides were off. :smiley:

Just saw this the other day when checking out loneoceans’ website.

Good find. I was only looking at TK’s repo

Got my E12R today. 219B Very nice!

Button felt stiff out of the box but I’m used to it already. E07 button feels mushy now :slight_smile: Very nice matt finish, no blemishes or scratches.Very solid springs both ends, both bypassed. Magnet holds its weight but it’s not too strong.

RGB aux and Anduril2 is new to me. Will take some getting used to.

Tint is nice. Didn’t seem rosy on it’s own but it really shows next to E07 SST20 5000K. Gets dark late in Melbourne atm so will be up for a while tonight :slight_smile:

Are the cooling fins chamfered or sharp?