FireflyLite E12R 12*emitters 15000LM 1x21700 Flashlight

I heard FF got the highest flux bin for the LH351D 5700k 80CRI. I have always been curious how this performs. I’m surprised you say the 5000k is nicer than 5700k. I thought you prefer 5700k. Did you take lumen measurements for the two?

Yeah, the XPL-HI looks rosy and the 5700K looks green next to each other.

The 5700K is unbelievably powerful though. Turbo is tricky as the button is a little unresponsive, feels like a Lumintop switch lol

Are you going to do videos on them? Would be curious to see your output numbers.

Yeah, review is half done. Comparison with 4500k 219B, 4000 SST20, 5000K LH351D.

Can’t wait to see it. Something isn’t making sense here though. I would’ve expected the high cri LH351D to be close in output or maybe even less than the XPL HI. Maybe there’s something wrong with your XPL HI one?

If you look at datasheet the highest few bins of LH351D 5700K 80CRI are slightly higher in output than XP-L HI V3 5000K 70CRI. They are close for sure and maybe the slightly lower forward voltage of Samsung helps seal the deal?

Oh yh I forgot it was 80 and not 90 cri. Also didn’t realise it had lower vf. I always thought it was the same for some reason. I guess I’ll just wait for the video to see what the actual difference is.

Tbh my Astrolux S43S LH351D is very powerful

I always thought that the 5700K LH351D option would make the most sense. It seems to have a balance of CRI and output while not being too cool like the XP-L2. It’s a shame that the tint isn’t great and the throw probably isn’t the best but that’s not a big deal to me.

I guess you built it because I don’t think that led is stock.

I have the stock version, not terribly happy with it. The beam is distorted.

Stock version, lil bit green and the button feel is poor but it kicks like a mofo

I’ve noticed that greener LEDs appear brighter to the human eye. Could this be why it seems so powerful?

All Samsungs have a whole lot of green. I have the 4000k 90CRI version and it is green but not as bright as I hoped for. The 5700K version is a very high flux bin if not the highest so that could be why it is so bright. Also generally speaking, higher flux bins have a higher DUV (more green)

My MF01 219C is also green when compared side by side with the XPL HI 5000K MF01 mini. How does the E12R LH351D 5700K compare to the 219C in terms of tint?

I measured the lumens.

My 219C are in $600 customs so they are pretty much classic beige.

The 219C in my old Astrolux S43S was greenish but quite rosy in my D4

I just realised that the S43S is 95 CRI! Now 4000 lumens does seem like quite a lot.

Sorry, are you referring to the 4000k Samsung or the 4000k sst20? i have the sst20 version coming in thats why I’m asking.

Samsung. I also have the 219B 4500k version which is much nicer. I wish I got the sst20 4000k version instead of the LH351D 4000k

Received my e12r (sst20, fa4 4000k) yesterday, my first FireFlies light. It’s an Unbelievable light! I am so far, so happy with it. The quality is undeniable, the form factor is on point! I really like the button a lot, there not play and no slop. Anduril 2 is taking a little getting used to, just because I like to set my light up when I get them on minimum and max ramp and step and temp and all of that. I guess no need for temp on this. Also, I’m trying to make sure I am actually accessing turbo. I did change it from Simple ui to advanced (10h). I know I am accessing turbo in ramping, just I always set stepped to 149/150 on all my lights, so if I’m in stepped I can get to turbo without double clicking.

Not going to lie, the only thing I don’t ABSOLUTELY love about the e12r so far, is the ui. I really wish it was the latest version of Anduril v1. Call me old fashioned. I’ll get used to it, because I’ll definitely be using this light all the time!

Anyway, the light has so many positives I am definitely ordering another, with a higher output emitter. Don’t know if I should go sst20 5000k (best price, and I actually like it), xpl-hi 5000k (expensive but I like it too), or lhd351 5700k (I’ve never had it, decent price).