First budget 18650 light - Solarforce?

Thanks Gab, I have 2 L2s coming and 2 drop ins from Dino. I just had a head scratching moment.

Marc.

So hold on, if I have a 5 mode drop in with no memory, does that mean if i click it on and then say 15 mins later click it off, Then say after a few minutes I pick up the torch and switch it on again, it will always go to high?

Marc.

Yes, exactly like that.

But on the other hand, if dropins are from DD I would take specs with some sceptics ;)

My flashlights without memory come up with the next mode in line when turning them on..

I guess I'll soon find out, I have a DD XML and an XPG R5 drop in on the way. I will make sure to let everyone know what I think When I get them.

Thanks for the replies, Marc.

To keep things simple, you won't do anything wrong with a light coat of petroleum jelly. I've done that for decades.

Even a light drop of motor oil will work.

Just don't use anything that contains grinding particles, like MoS2-, copper- or graphite grease.

Cool, think ill just use some engine oil as i have some handy. Should i just use it on the threads or does it need applying to the o-rings as well? Will it harm the o-rings? I take it that i should use it on both ends of the flashlight tube? The head end thread is annodized but the tail end is bare alu...

Thanks

it depends on the material of the o-rings. petrol based lubes will harm rubber/latex o-rings. they will slowly harden rubber making it brittle, and make it lose the ability to properly seal. the safest lube for almost all o-ring types is a teflon based lube.