First GearBest purchase - update - package delivered

DHL waybill is a series of ten digit numbers. If your tracking is not in that format, it will probably not show up in their system.

I would definitely trust DHL's word over gearbest. Certainly sounds like typical delay tactics to me too.

… of my own second experience. They said by email that my Olight S30, bought in the 5th of November, was shipped on the 16th. Except it was only advised on that day - actual delivery to the post was on on the 13th of December. Now it’s just as stuck on customs as the two Thrunite Archers that were stated by their CS as sent less than two days before it appeared on 17TRACK.

I really should have stuck to paying 80 pops more for the Nitecore EC20 I wanted but ended up on backorder from Banggood; they had the decency to tell me it was out of stock and gave me an actual date of arrival, along with the options for a refund or a swap for other items of similar value. I’d have my torch with me now, for dang sure.

I just want my flashlight, dude :weary:

I’ve had over 20 orders from GB in last 4 months. Some of them takes 10 days, some 60+ days, but eventually all showed up. Be patient…

When we demand a resending of a 2 month old order, we never get duplicate orders, so there is some question whether they send out all original orders that they charge for.

Those probably weren't DHL orders though... Right? If they were I'd be pissed.

I think you already know the answer there.
Most of us here trust DHL more than Gearbest.

Even the slow China Post would show the tracking item in the system after 2-3 working days if the registered parcel has been posted through them.

Whether they sent it or not, the risk is on them. Nothing personal.

welcome to the club

gearbest is famous in this forum more for negative experience it got even a stay away rating AVOID

GearBest/Everbuying can go and take a long walk along a short pier, during an Alaskan winter!

Get an official reply with DHL (via email or some kind of means) or a screenshot of the tracking not showinh after x days, a ss of your order and paypal the hell out of them.
Good luck man.

I was asked in a message from CSgearbest to post contents of the message to this thread. I will do so but not the complete message. I have removed boilerplate and unnecessary personal info.

Reference number: SGKEN1570594001,shipping method: XFLAM,
tracking site: www.xfl-express.com shipping date: 2015-12-09 14:14:32,estimated time: 10-25 business days,

The boilerplate includes a link to a page with info on shipping methods but neither xfl-express nor xflam are listed. According to the xfl-express info the carrier is DHL. Until Jan. 1st the info was also available via the DHL tracking system.

According to info I could find xfl-express is a shipping logistics company owned by gearbest and not a shipping company.

Package was delivered today. I have not tested it yet but it appears to be a genuine Convoy L5. Now that it has been delivered I can start searching for an alternative driver and firmware allowing more levels and options to go with the xm-l2 u2 3c on a noctigon copper dtp that will replace the 1a stock led.