First Hi CRI flashlight suggestions

Hi,

Im looking for my first HI CRI flashlight suggestions. It should be something small EDC type to medium, pop can sized, single or multi emitter with good UI. Designed for general purpose around house, cabin. Rather with some range than a true flooder. Preferably 5000k tint, the SST20 4000k HI CRI seems too yellow. The HI CRI leds should have good tint also on lower power levels.

For now, Im looking at Sofirn SP36 BLF Anduril edition with the Samsung LH351D’s but will consider your suggested options :+1:

The SP36 is a good choice in the sodacan form factor.

http://www.zebralight.com/SC64c-18650-Neutral-White-High-CRI-Flashlight_p_213.html

The Emisar D4S with Nichia 219C emitters is another option.

Here is a link to another Zebralight with the LH351D emitters:

http://www.zebralight.com/SC64c-LE-18650-4000K-High-CRI-Flashlight-Limited-Edition_p_239.html

Thanks for your interesting suggestions! How do the Samsungs LH351D’s hold up against Nichias? How is the tint on lower levels?

At low levels, my D4 with the Nichia 219C shows a slightly greener tint than the SP36 with the LH351D. To my eyes, both are acceptable and much less green than my D4S with SST20 (5000K) at a similar low level. If you want a gloriously rose tinted high CRI EDC, you could consider the Fireflies EO7 with the Nichia 219B emitters; good capacity with a 50E battery but much less throw than the SP36 or D4S.

No ’36 to speak of, but my WK30 with a ’351 is hella nice. Creamy white light, almost no artifacts in the beam.

Takes a 26650, has white/red/UV.

I usually could care less about “high CRI”…
But, I just got a FW3A with the SST-20 4000K LED’s & I honestly really like the tint of these.

As far as the difference in ‘color rendition’ between it and my FW3A with the XP-L HI 3D LED’s…… it is there. ’But to me’ it is very subtle & I still could care less about it. :smiley:

However, the tint of the 3D XP-L HI used in my FW3A left a lot to be desired. :frowning:
In fact…. it most likely not even 3D. It looks more like 3A… it has a lot of green in it. :confounded:

I usually prefer between 5000K - 5750K. But surprisingly the tint of the FW3A SST-20 4000K is quite pleasing to me. I would describe it as a “Creamy White”.

ymmv

Agree whole heartedly. Since I received this light, I was in love. Gorgeous light with a gorgeous emitter which lights things up beautifully. You’d be hard pressed to do better for the high CRI.

I agree with the comment on the Samsung LED also on the WK30. Cooler than I like but a beautiful beam. Its a unique light but no FW3A.