First time Building my ownP60

You’re off to a good start.

Think that tiny little brass pill is difficult to solder to? You should try something like this…

8 ounces of copper heat sink, with a brass ring reflowed into the driver bay to solder the driver to. I thought I’d NEVER get it grounded!

I have P-60 style lights that I’ve tossed the normal pill and reflector, used a 7/8” diameter bar of copper, 1” long. With the driver inset into that solid bar, again it’s quite difficult to solder the ground ring.

When you start running your lights up to 4A, heat will make more of an impact on the form factor. When you go to 5A, it becomes crucial to work around it. When you see in excess of 6A, P-60 lights are no longer the ideal size, still doable, but no longer ideal.

All part and parcel of the modders addiction.

Welcome aboard!

And this is the light its in for now, its gonna be my bike light,
it has 3 modes, low med high, on a 5x 7135 driver.

Short Solarforce L2M, L2T head, with B6 Black bezel.
Just tried running it on a primary cr123 but that gets in low to quick, it needs more than 3v :frowning:
Now have to get me a couple of 16340 ….

Size comparison, nex to my Grey Solarforce l2n (1x18650) and fenix e05 (1xaaa)

I really like it size, It s cute ! Picture does not show it really good, but its smaller and shorter than it looks.

Well, the help and suggestions here helped me a lot to get it done, and it’s addictive to make things your own…

I also have some extra info after the build,

i let it run a while on medium (1,5 hours), it took my 2600 eagltac 18650 from 4.19 to almost 3.64 volts
After 2,5 hours it was still not empty (shut it off because i went to bed)
I got nice hand warm, had it in hand for while, and had it put in a little jar with its tail to have it stand up for a while.
I is bright enough on med to light my living room, low was more than enough to read by when sitting next to it, and was very suitable for a toilet vistit.
On High it gets to hot after 5 minutes to handhold the head.

it does not run on a primary cr123, goes in emergency low within the minute on a fresh cr123.

Forgot what they where, but ill add the tail amps when i have charged the battery fresh again.(and do a new measurement)
(i think it’s 1.55a on high, 550ma on med and around 65ma on low, but need to check)

Still waiting on the programmer clip to come in to make me a nice 2 mode :slight_smile:

Ordered some better 22awg wire from into-outdoor and a couple of nichia 219’s too :slight_smile:

You may want 18350 sized batteries for this flashlight, it is a better fit for Solarforce hosts and has a bit more capacity.

If you are in a hurry, nkon.nl has a great collection of li-ion batteries, not that much more expensive than buying in China. Several vaping shops have them too, like dampertje.nl or oliespuitje.nl (sorry, I did not make up those names).