first time from simon / convoy store

On AliExpres
Enter your search term
on the left there are both categories and atributes
above the results are some thing to click
first click FREE SHIPPING (if something not arrives or is bad, you are not losing any moneu)
then TOP RATED (not needed, but i do this normally)
order the remeining stuff price low to high (well since a lot of stuff is offered several times, I rather see the ones with the owest prices first.)

Then you are going to play with the things on the left.
For example, when I look for torches, I am only intersted in the ones with a 18650 cells, so I click that.
You can click thing you want/like to get more specifc results. For example, We (my son and e) like bronze/gold color much better then blak, so we click those colors.)

If you have the choice between two sellers same product, same price, go for the one with the best rating (the seller that it)
Also when 1 is active for, say 4 years with 97% positive rating and thousands of ratings, I would prefer that one over another who is active for 6 months, has 99% oositive rating for a few hunderd ratings.

On topic, my C8 made by Simon is not in yet, but tomorrow I am sure a new batch of orders will arrive, hopefully it there.
If feels very special to have a torch mad with the LED and mode options I wanted. Theday of the sending Simon was able to change the color from the standard blak to hrey, wow it is like a custom made light (well in a way it is) for a very reasonable price for under $20.-

Very helpful information. I am getting better with his website and the stock choices available. Once I finally place an order, receive it and try the lights out, then my next phase of learning will be to again research some modding if I don’t have the results I am hoping for. As far as ordering anything for now, I will order from Simon, especially since I am reading quite a few negative threads about other suppliers.

Thanks and Happy New Year!

Two typos: it actually says

Uh, oh. Who is this Toykepper who is producing Fireware?

Would you like to buy something from Parasonic, or Toyola, or Kyocena, while you’re shopping?

No, I’m kidding, the link goes to the real Toykeeper source. Those really are typos.

must be an interesting person :wink: Add Fireware to your torches for extra lumens!

Anyone know what happened to Simon’s store. I went to buy more clips and he no longer has any items available…
Neil

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/330416

says:

2016/1/20—–2016/1/27
Factory relocation… …,Sorry for the inconvenience

Don’t use the app, it didn’t show this notice yesterday.

Jan 27 but the store still doesn’t appear to be up and running.

Give the man a little extra time! :smiley:

Are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet?

Don’t make me pull this forum over! :smiley:

question-is possible to get engraving on convoy flashlites or at least without convoy logo?
which of the convoys for 18650 is the brightest?i saw a blue model with very good looking silver tailcap.does exist it in black colour?cant remember,which model it is.co havent convoy in collection…

Hi, I am rather new but I do think that the brightest Convoy would probably be one you make yourself by just buying a Convoy host and going from there,
I don’t think I’ve seen any unbranded Convoy hosts.
I think the average pre-built C8 L2, L4 are 1000lm +/- ??,
Engraving I usually have done by a local guy in town here.
Not really sure about most vendors and engraving and if your thinking of Simon, who is a very honest guy for sure by the way, I doubt he does engraving, his English, not so good, explaining things can be difficult but it does get done so I found out.
My 1st order with Simon is getting close I think and questions I had were answered with basically, “OK”, and “OK Thank You Simon” and just drop stuff in the cart, but I did ask about a discount I’d heard of and I think he took some off, well he did, can’t recall how much, but he wrote and said, “I adjust for you”, easy to remember the conversation.

how to contact simon please?i have to register my self there? or is he here also?

Register with Aliexpress.com and contact Simon through his store on Aliexpress.

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/330416/search?origin=n&SortType=new_desc