Flahslights a world of contradictions?

That’s what I was thinking. The people on this forum never cease to amaze me with their patient, concise, polite & very knowledgeable answers (unlike some places). Great place. Mr admin does a great job fostering this kind of interaction.

Keith

I agree with petebaby. Noticed right away if you lurk around before registering this issue. The main reason I joined BLF was due to the monthly cost of joining the CPF group. Also they bar their members from selling to non-members etc. There was no way I’m gonna see a modded maglite on ebay or anything if I didn’t have connections.

Back then I really wanted those modded C/D maglites. I’d say 100 bucks for a modded maglite that’s less powerful then a C8 or HD2010 nowadays. I enjoy quality and name brands but when I can settle for 1/4 the price for a TK70 or STL-V2 with 1/2 the quality. It’s a bargain!

Don’t get me wrong I enjoy the YT vids from Selfbuilt & other CPF members on there and those who share their wealth of experience on here.

There are 2 reasons I go on CPF now. 1, selfbuilt reviews. 2, the WTS section; since it is a larger forum there is much more stuff to be sold and thus more good deals.

Only until you get hold of a lathe and some copper bar stock; and finally feel in the mood of turning out the torch head as well for a proper press-fit.

IMHO, it is not the P60 design itself which is faulty (despite its shortcomings) - personally, I think it all boils down to the pill and reflector of the generic dropins.