Flashing Fenix E16 with Andruril

Hello,
i’am a newbie to flashlight flashing. I like Anduril, i like the Fenix E16.
But i don’t like the UI of the E16.
So i tore it apart and this is what i found:

A tps63020 by Texas Instruments
a PIC16F1709 Micro-controller by Mirochip
5 “contact pads”
a 5-legged SBHS-thingy (I think its part of the Correntregulator TPS63020)

(sorry there is no Image, i have to sort this out)

Has anybody worked with the PIC16F-Familie?

I didn’t find anything.

Oh and i never did any Microprocessor-programming, but nothing you can’t learn.

I will look deeper into the Anduril-code and into the Programming of PIC16F Microcontroller, but i really hope more experienced user will have a look.

And maybe some day there will be Fenix flashlights with a good UI…

It would be easier to replace complete driver than to port code written for Atmer MCU to MicroChip PIC controlers.

I agree with you, however porting the code to PIC controllers opens all (well maybe not all) of them Flashlights (maybe not that many) using this controllers to software modding.

Thanks for your reply.

For that to be true you are assuming all these flashlights are using the same type of regulating components, same pins and same type of mode changing method. I haven’t ripped apart many “brand” lights but I doubt that one ported firmware will work for more than the model or possibly brand it was ported to. Reverse engineering each driver to figure all this stuff out is more hassle than replacing it with a BLF supported driver.

BLF user gchart has replaced a PIC MCU with ATtiny412, at least he mentions it briefly in this thread: Adventures in TinyAVR 1-Series
You’ll have to ask him to find out which PIC it was and what was needed.

That sounds interesting. I’ll have a look.
Thanks for your reply.

Ok, you’re absolutely right, “brand” lights will possibly change their hardware frequently. And every brand probably uses different hardware. I didn’t think of that.
So i try thinking in a different direction.
Thanks