Flashlight Firmware Repository

I want to edit the bistro.c. What line should I delete to remove the “muggle mode” from menu and move the “mode group” to first blink in menu?
I want my menu to be like this

In the section following this:

You’ll see a bunch of calls to the toggle function. Rearrange those in your desired order. Change the second parameter (the number) to match your order - it’s what’s used to control the number of blinks.

Thanks. I’ll try that.

Total firmware altering noob here. I want to set the turbo timer for it's Max setting.

TK said in the code that 1 tick is 500ms with 255 ticks. I guess that's 127.5 seconds.

What and where do I type in to get the Max timer setting?

Look around line 135, you’ll see:

Change 90 to 255 to max out the turbo timer (as you said, approx 127 seconds). If you’d rather disable the turbo timer altogether, just comment-out this line:

If you still want a turbo timer, but need it to be more than 127 seconds, define whatever TURBO_TIMEOUT you want (up to 65,535). But you’ll also need to redefine the ticks variable to be a uint16_t.

Fyi, I just received a clear C8 with this problem. :frowning:

Here is a video about it.

The new batch of Convoys I received have a new driver marked "Convoy". Someone decided that it would be a good idea to bridge MCU pin 5 to ground on the PCB. I'm not sure if this is your problem or not, but if you have a "Convoy" marked driver it most likely is. You can't flash the MCU on the driver and if you flash it off the driver if the program doesn't like pin 5 being shorted to ground then it also won't work right. I cut the trace on several last week.

Yeah, like mine.

Toykeeper had a possibble explanation of the problem here

They better should’ve given pin 5 its own 1x AMC7135. :laughing:

I was able to flash my Convoy driver with 12 7135 chips with biscotti

But I am an absolutely noob with programming or modifying a firmeare

What I want is to have the 1% mode do 3 times more output so it is further away from firefly
Do medium 50% more
And the high to do double current

Can someone tell me how to get this easily done or provide me a hex file?

I can try.
There is a line in the .c file, “define RAMP_FET 1,10,42,75,122,133,255”. Each of those numbers correspond to a table of 7 mode options. The modes that are in the mode group you have selected are listed in a table lower in the .c file.

If you have the driver programmed to the three modes only group(group 5) you will see 2, 4, 7, 0, 0, 0, 0. This means that the values for those modes are: 10, 75, 255.

If you would like to alter the values of these modes, you could change the define RAMP_FET line to something like this:
define RAMP_FET 1,20,42,100,122,133,255
That will change the first and second modes in that mode group.

If you don’t have the ability to edit the .c file then non of this will make sense. It may not make sense anyway but it might be a start if no one smarter can answer right now.

Hey guys, I’m having a problem on flashing Biscotti firmware to Convoy’s new driver (the red one)
I have cut the trace on pin 5 and managed to flash the firmware successfully but now it’s stuck on moonlight mode. Fortunately I made a backup of the original firmware, flash it back and it’s back to normal again.

I was wondering what’s wrong? I was using a correct fuse value just like on the source code comments.

Please help.
Thanks.

Firmware biscotti.
Can it work with LED light in the button?
I have not found in the C file, as configured.
Because there is a small current through the lighting, the driver always starts the next mode.

You have to add a bleeder resistor to the driver for the lighted tailcap. This is not due to biscotti but due to the driver design.

10k, 100k… 1MOhm??

It can vary with the current being consumed by the tailcap, but I typically use 650 ohm. I’ve used anywhere between 470 and 750 ohm. We usually use 0805 size resistors, though you may be able to get others to fit. Check out the D.I.Y. Illuminated Tailcap thread. Here’s a 105C image borrowed from the first post:

Ok. Thanks

what is needed to change on a driver or firmware to use a momentary switch instead of tailcap?

Is there a nice UI firmware for Convoy drivers that uses momentary?

I’m not aware of anything too fancy for the 105C using momentary. There are versions of STAR for momentary, or ones written for the attiny25/85. Hmm, sounds like a hole that might need filled.

Check out the index page for TK’s repository. At line 262 is a listing of firmwares mentioning momentary.