Flashlight Host and Uncommon Budget Flashlights

I took a small thin screwdriver and forced it in between the driver and the ring. I then twisted the screwdriver to create a gap. I repeated this around the ring until it popped off.

Yea I just got it the same way. Thanks.

Interesting triple 21700 for Ā£9.40 delivered SecurityIng EF09ā€:https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005068984316.html
I might just buy oneā€¦. :+1:
ā€

And another for just Ā£6.44! and it serves as a powerbank, no idea what cells is inside though! LINK
Here is a seller (more expensive) but has some reviews, which are very good as it goes!

Windproof TYPE-C Lighter Outdoor Camping Double Arc Lighter COB - $9.23

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004848601652.html

Iā€™m so tempted to get one of these.

Poor mans Manker Timeback. $23.97.
Interesting looking light here, much like the Timeback, but not the same obviously. May be of interest to someone as a host to mess with or a toy!

Oh that one looks super promising as a modding host.

But sadly they donā€™t ship to Germany

I havenā€™t heard this brand in quite some time. I remember their Skyray King version was pretty decent.

Omg what model is this?

Link is in the post

1 Thank

Link says critical error

Not for me and Iā€™m not logged in, but Iā€™ll post the title, use the Aliexpress earch it should find it. I talked to the store and all black ones and maybe silver/black should be there in a few days. Iā€™m gonna go for an all black one and spray the outer bit matte white stormtrooper style lol

Shanbao Pocket Super Bright Mini USB Rechargeable LED Small Waterproof Flashlight (Customizable Logo)

1 Thank

The page description says it is 5s hold to turn on and off? Can you verify if this is the case?

I donā€™t have one yet, but itā€™s ordered, all colours in stock now. When I get it Iā€™ll let you know.
On the video above it doesnā€™t take 5 seconds.

1 Thank

Oh ok, please let me know when you receive yours as I really like this design and want to order it too. Which color did you order?

Silver/black

2 Thanks

One of the users here speculates its plastic, due to its description saying something about ABS. I purchased one, will will find out!

Main material: 7075
aviation aluminum alloy

1 Thank

Ok, so mine arrived today, straight out the box I really like the build and look - I would say it definitely has the lightsaber hilt look about it which I love. I didnā€™t think it came with a battery but it comes built in, I havenā€™t found a way to get it out as the tailcap seems to ge glued in. The driver could be in the tailcap since the charge port, button and led dot are in there, never seen that before though does it even exist in any other lights?.
Good news is the lens part unscrews very easily and would make it easy for changing led should you want to but it doesnā€™t appear to have a shelf (though I havenā€™t had it apart), just a hole and the led board suspended around the edge. I can lift it just enough to see under it further in there is a board.
Bad part it it seems to only have 1 power settingā€¦ 2 sec hold on/off (not the 5 seconds it states on aliexpress) plus a mode before you entirely switch it off which lights up the leds in the side of the light (the spinner part) so if I am going to change the driver somehow later down the line Iā€™ll lose that last mode, which would be a shame really. If there is any hidden click sequesnce or hidden modes then I have no clue how to access them.
It has 3 modes, on with side lights, on without them, just side lights. The bottom part of thew grip also rotates, well it sort of clicks round , another fidget feature.
Iā€™m very disappointed with the lack of at least low/med/high to be honest, but the tir is quite nice and would probably throw well if the light had more modes. If the driver turned out to be in the tail it would for sure hinder any modding, as it would be much more involved then your regular driver swap.
Overall I really like the actual light but it is really let down by the driver, it seems really well made and the spinner isnā€™t the worst and the light up side bits are a nice feature. Sadly though itā€™s more of a toy because of these downsides. There were no instructions at all , just a lanyard and charge lead. Iā€™m happy with what I got for what I paid considering a battery was included and would have paid a bit more if it had a sensible driver inside. The light claims to be waterproof, but canā€™t be as there are no orings in the head!
Oh, and it is all aluminium the only plastic part is in the tail and mine is black which Iā€™m glad of as in the video it shows as white which I wasnā€™t keen on.

3 Thanks