FlashLight Whore

Thanks for your concern but all is well. I understand the do’s and dont’s of LI battery chemistry.
I race hobby grade rc and have many Lithium Polymer 2 ,3 ,4 cell configurations… I am experienced!!
These cells are not as volatile as some let on . Just follow the few simple rules and they are as safe as
Alkaline’s. Just don’t be stupid !! Stupid Hurt’s!!

Wait, you use 3 and 4s LiPO too and you still charge on a wood stand over carpet next to drapes? What charger do you run? I charge my 4s and 5s LiPO (on an icharger) in a metal ammo can lined with 1/2”sheet rock.

You’re crazy man, must have enough money loosing everything you own doesny matter to you…

LiPO (I fly rc stuff) is even scarier! I hope you have GREAT home owners insurance (and they dont specifically exclude fired starred by lithium batteries as is becoming common practice by HOI underwriters).

Super glad we’re not neighbors…

Yes Sir! I charge on wood in my Den I have a big bar i made from 2x4 and i store my rc’s chargers, Lipos etc…. On top of it.
Have since the infancy Lipo and even before when NIMH was king in rc racing. I use a Graupner Polaron and Hyperion Duo3
Chargers for my Race packs. I hang out mostly on RC tech.

We would be great neighbors!!! WE are brothers of light!!

OMG those are some bad ass collections! Nice and organized too!

I only have 5 lights - they just get stored on my quick shelf. Just a shelf I have underneath my computer desk for charging everything and quick access to keys wallet things I carry with me. But it keeps down the clutter and it’s out of sight. I hate the sight of clutter.

Easy to explain, really very simple, even for a wife. I collect guns, knives and flashlights. One to shoot the critter, one to skin and prep it, and one when it gets dark in case of part one and two. This all started years ago with sharp pointy sticks, sharp rocks and FIRE. Beer, crops, industrial revolution, modern medicine and the inter net are all just fillers. When the lights go out, it’s cold and everyone is hungry who gets called? I’m feeling pretty smug in my secret bunker right now. :wink:

One day I’ll move out of this occupied republic and to a free state… one must dream the dream :slight_smile:

The priceless title I ever read about the flashlight! Love this :)

My blog

I’m new at it but with poor impulse control. Below is my first five weeks worth - apart from the Maglite. I’ve held back from a fair few BUY NOW the last couple of days so maybe the honeymoon is over. That said, C8+ in transit and 2xSofirn Q8, 2nd BLF Q8 and S43 on order.

The Mrs is getting a bit fed up though even though I tried to bribe her with BW ET01 which she is quite fond of. The kids are on my side :smiley:

Just received new solder - clamp meter and modding bits on order so time to stop buying and start pulling apart.