Flashlight with a laser

A year back or so there was a multi emitter sky ray king looking light that had a built in laser pointer. Think the flashlight was good coloured body.

Anyone remember it and know what it was called? Thanks.

The Blackshadow Knight

http://www.fasttech.com/products/1601/10003131/1232600-blackshadow-2cree-xm-l-t6-3-mode-1200-lumen-flashl

It’s ‘rated’ for 5mW but I’ve seen a review where the laser was…substantially brighter than 5mW.

Try the Imalent EMT16. I bit gimmicky but works well. Has a laser in it that works with the flashlight or on it’s own. Remote control comes in handy as well.

when someone says flashlights with lasers i think sharks with lasers

I have one of the Blackshadow Knight lights, but never use it. I don’t know what the power of the laser is - one spec said 5mW, but I seem to remember when it came out Blackshadow gave a few contradictory statements on how powerful the thing was. I only knew it frightened me when the laser bounced back off my shed window in the garden one night, just past my eye. I chickened out after that. :wink:

Oh, it’s got 2 x XLM emitters.

Maybe crack it open and measure how much current is going to the laser module?

there’s a “Small Sun 560” mentioned on the thread about AA/AAA lights under $10
Not a bargain — won’t work on alkaline, needs li-ion only, battery goes in with the minus end toward the emitter.
Side switch, alternates between seven 5mm blue-white LEDs and a central little red laser.

I got a couple because someone recommended the body as solid enough to be worth modding,
but I haven’t figured out how to get a driver and emitter mounted in the thing, it’s just weird.

Though the little red laser might mount in the middle of a triple or quad board, I guess.