Flashlights for a Wedding Send off

I am getting married in the fall of 2023 and instead of using sparklers for a send off I have somehow convinced my fiancé to use flashlights because I think it would be funny. Now here comes the fun part…… picking out lights. Im sure I can go to vista print or something like that and get 100+ flashlights for not that much…….but I can only imagine how bad they would be. I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for buying flashlights in bulk (probably 120-150) or know of any “better” lights that may work for this idea or more reputable flashlight sellers that have better bulk pricing.

Thanks

My advice if you want to stay married for some time is ask your wife what she would want.

Well the venue wont allow us to have sparklers so she said we could do flashlights and is completely on board with it. So maybe me saying “I convinced her” is a stretch

It would be cool to use throwers like Convoy L21A with KW CULPM1.TG, two, on both sides (one for each side) shining upwards

About how much are you thinking that you would want to spend per flashlight?

I’m not suggesting that I’ll know of any good sources for purchasing bulk flashlights, but a ballpark price may help others narrow down your choices.

Osram W1 in various colors and C8 size would look amazing. It would only cost 15 per light and around 1500 in total.

Everyone would get LED flashed in about 5 seconds.

This whole idea in general doesn’t seem like a good one really, if you’re going to use lights in lieu of sparklers.

If you’re just giving people lights as a gift, that would be different.

Plus batteries and then they have to charge them all, and print and include info on lithium battery safety.

How bright do they need to be? I’m guessing you’ll want to go for AA batteries otherwise the price will skyrocket if you have to supply every light with a lithium battery too. Using AA’s will make it harder to find something.

Convoy T2 AA only version
Convoy T2 14500/AA version (slightly less output with AA)
Convoy T4 2x 14500/AA

The question you need to ask yourselves is, is it a necessary expense.

I have placed an order for four of this key chain light on Ali Express.

For a lower price when you buy in bulk, go to Alibaba.com and take a look. You will find key-chain multi-function flashlights of various brands, each costing only about US$5 (on Banggood, it is being sold for over US$10!).

It can do many things, including blinking red and blue, which I believe will be wonderful when you have more than 100 of them doing the blinking at your wedding.

One possible drawback is to fully charge each of them before distribution. But I believe everyone (built-in battery) is partially charged and is quite capable of doing the flashing for several minutes.

Good luck.

why don’t you go for something like this, then your guests could all hold them up to make an archway for you to walk through - it’s cheap and they can be taken home for kids to play with

or, these foam ones so when everyone is drunk they can fight with them :smiley: (my choice lol)

I agree with G0OSE and the lightsaber type thing.

I am not sure you will get the same effect as a sparkler using an ordinary flashlight. Unless you have some sort of a diffuser. Like the ones cops use for directing traffic.

Anduril lightening mode x 150 would be cool.

Get some steel wool and wave it around instead lol

This is the important question. Set a budget first, and the community will find the best alternatives in that budget.

Also, which is your idea? Are you going to send them as invitations, give them at the begining of the ceremony for people to shine the sky/ceiling, or give them when people are going away?

As cheap as possible:

1 mode
Twist ON > Twist OFF
Under the black cover on the tail it has a USB A port to plug into a charger, computer…
Very cool white LED
Bright enought to make the party but not enough to blind someone
Has lots of different colours to chose from

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32899363897.html

:+1:

these things are sort of cool

went to wedding where they had them—for the going away, instead of rice, at night

then you just keep them after that

wle

I'd look for bulk prices on the old $2 zoomies .
They are AA and simple easy to mod if you end up with a bunch afterwards.
People love them
They come in black or silver /one mode or high low strobe .
probably close to a buck a piece wholesale .
AA's are easy to source and easy for noobs to understand .

https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/29665

i don;t get it

how are old flashlights ok for a wedding send off?

i mean what are you actually wanting to do with them?