Flashlights that are great but you hate them

I guess the Sofirn C8A. Sofirn makes solid lights by all accounts and I still have a bunch of other ones from them, but this one was given away. Didn’t care for the smooth body and other C8’s are available with better hand feel, emitters, and UIs (for me).

Any that have a UI of more then low - medium - high - off

I think many of us want exactly this.

Sofirn IF25. The idea was brilliant. We could dynamicaly change color temperature for our needs. Fine finish. Embedded charger.

So we could be use it like excellent combination of backpack lantern, hand flashlight, home romantic light and everything with HiCri. And reasonable price of course. And good diffuser like EDC18 in complectation

But visible PWM, strange proprietary UI (not anduril), LowCRI cold leds (with Hicri warm), lack for complectation diffuser, non-informative button, only one mode on charge available makes this revolutionary flashlight simply cheap toy. I like it’s 2700K light, but can’t use it like candle (in candle mode). I like it size - but in turbo it makes hot in seconds. I like charger, but i d’t like only one mode when charged.

It’s a little bigger for EDC, lack of modes for home lantern, lack of Hicri (and awfull greenish of 5000k SST20) in all CT above 3500-4000K for photograf light, and lack of power for hand heavy duty light.

@D’Averk;
DBSAR is working on a BLF mini lantern. The IF25 is his starting light. I believe he’ll be incorporating Anduril and will address some of the issues you mentioned.
link

I know it, but there are a lot of questions there.
Firstly - if this diffuser cap would be removable. So, i am truly sure, that only backpack lantern in this form factor is very expensive for weight and size (carry, and if diffuser would be unremovable - i would avoid it.
Second - if cap would be removable and LH351D used for hicri light - before Sofirn inform that they d’t use such leds in IF25 because of ugly beamshot. If this was false, or in new lantern after cap remove we would have - ugly beamshot declared before?
And finally - price question still open. If they would sell it for something like 50USD, i think deal not worth it.

I don’t hate any of the lights in my collection really. I like to research and know what I’m buying beforehand.

If I had to pick the one that disappointed me the most it would probably be my Astrolux S41, and that’s probably just because it doesn’t feel quite as “hewn from granite” as Convoy’s lights. The output for the size is great, and I like the BLF A6 UI.

A friend of mine has the S42 though and the UI is really hideous. Completely hopeless. No idea how they came up with such an abomination.

DBSAR was extremely thorough with the LT1. I had nearly decided against buying one, when my wife got it for me for Christmas. But I really didn’t expect to use it nearly as often as I do. Toss a small S-biner on the hanger and suddenly it’s a super-useful work lamp. I had it shoved all kinds of places while I was doing home improvement projects. The darn thing never got hot - barely warm, to be honest - and went for hours.

So, as much as I lean towards pessimism, I think he’ll do it again. It doesn’t seem to me like he got lucky with the LT1, it seems like he tried until he got it right.